Saturday, October 22, 2011

Miss you card for Sarah

Hi bloggers,

Today's post is a cute card I made for my daughter Sarah.  As many of you know, she is 1 month into  a 27 month assignment with the peace corps.  She is training right now, but she will get her final assignment in December teaching English to high school students - somewhere in Ukraine.  She just got an address where she can receive mail, so I made this fun card to let her know she is loved and missed very much. 








This card uses a fun stamp set I just got from 'There she goes clear stamps.'  The picture doesn't really show it, but this set includes lots of fun gnome images.  I chose the motherly gnome next to the mushroom house to reflect the miss you theme for the card.  Next week I hope to find time to ink up some of the other cute characters.

Today, my husband and I are off to do some work in Brimfield MA.  That area was hit very hard by tornado's back in June and a group from our church is going to do some clean up work to help out.  The bible is very clear that we are to love our neighbors as ourselves, so it seems appropriate for us to put our faith into action and help these neighbors out - even if they are 45 minutes away.

2 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

love your gnome! come by for a visit...
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/10/your-chance-to-win-dont-miss-this.html

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun card Linda! Glad to hear that Sarah is doing well! :D