Sunday, October 23, 2011

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge - Snowman shake it card

Good morning bloggers,

brrr, it's chilly here in New England today.  The perfect day to snuggle up and read a book - which I may very well do this afternoon.  It's also a good day to make Christmas cards, which I have a lot to make.





Today's card is for Make It Monday.  This week, the technique/challenge was a double die cut.  You cut your die once, then cut again to get a window effect.  I decided to take the technique to another level and make a shake it card with the double cut.
Isn't he just the cutest little thing?  To get this effect, I added an acetate circle to my double die cut patterned paper.  Then I  used double sided foam tape and wrapped a thin layer under the acetate along the border.   Before I adhered my colored in snowman to the back, I added some Martha Stewart clear beads to be the 'shake' material.  Then I adhered, the snowman to the back, adhered everything to the red background and then added my scallop, mat layer, ribbon and sentiment to the card.  to finish I added two large rhinestones.  When you pick this card up, the snow moves all around like a snowglobe.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Tomorrow I'll have a post for Impression Obsessions 'the color purple' challenge.  I hope you stop back by.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great idea to make a shaker card. Your snow man looks so cute. Great job with the challenge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Brilliant Linda! I love this card, the snow globe is wonderful. Sorry but I must scraplift. :)

Sonia said...

Such a sweet card! I love that snowman :)

Karen said...

This is so cute! (I bet you checked out Debbie Olsen's blog... I just picked up some dimensional strip tape to do the same thing!)

P.S. Did you change the format of your photos? They're now very tiny when I click for a closeup...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is FANTASTIC Linda! Love that you've made a shaker card...I've yet to try that! We'll have to put it on our list when we get together to stamp soon! :D

Heather Jensen said...

This is so cute! I love that snowman shaker. :)

Suzanne Russell said...

This is precious! I have never made a shaker card, maybe I will now! I especially like the way you used the patterned paper for the mat stack #3. The little brads are a neat touch, too.