Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Seasons

Good morning bloggers,




Today's post is for two challenges.  First, this card uses the weekly sketch by Karin Giron.  This is a fun 'inchy' sketch, meaning that your focal point is five 1 inch squares.    You can try a card with this sketch and post it on her blog before Friday.

http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2011/10/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-140.html

The other challenge is from stamping sisters in christ.  Their challenge each week is based on a specific scripture.  This week it is from Ecclesiastes 3:1 'there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.'   This passage always reminds me of that song 'to everything turn, turn, turn...'  Love that song.

My card is therefore an intrepetation of the seasons.  I start in winter, move to spring, then summer, then fall and end again in winter.  I pulled my sentiment from my papertrey bitty bird card. I thought it was a good reminder to make the most of each day and live in the future, not held back by the past.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

5 comments:

Peggysuez said...

Clever idea! I like the scenes as they sift to show the seasons. Thanks for posting for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

Grace said...

Oh what a great take on the sketch! I love the stamps you used to represent seasons! Thanks so much for joining us at SSIC!

MariLynn said...

OOOHH I love your card. I like how it shows the seasons passing on the little inchies. It is amazing how you got all that "Story" on your card on inchies!! Thanks for joining the Stampin Sisters in Christ this week.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

You did a beautiful job with this sketch Linda! All of those squares were a little scary for me...lol! I love these papers too! :D

Shirley said...

Wow, Linda, how Autumn perfect! I like the whole card and detail!