Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday, Bloggers Challenge and PTI Blog Hop

Hi bloggers,

Well, I'm one of the crazies.  No, I"m not as crazy as the crazy Target lady, but I was crazy enough to head out to the mall this morning.  My day started super early - but not on purpose.  I had a nightmare that I got fired from my job (who knows where that came from, but I'm sure going to bed with a full tummy didn't help.)  So that happened at 4am.  So I tried to go back to sleep, but no luck.  At 5:30 I got up pulled on my Yoga outfit and started drinking coffee.  My sister got up and came down around 6:30am and we headed out together to the mall at ten of 7:00am.  The mall wasn't too bad that early, but there was a HUGE line in front of Hollister.  I heard that it was a two hour wait just to get into the store.  Crazy.  We hit 3 mall stores and then headed over to AC Moore.  Now, I got a GREAT deal at AC Moore.  I did not know they sold My Mind's Eye there.  They had 6X6 paper pads for 2.39.  With a 30% off coupon, there were less than $1.75 each.  I also got a new nestability die for a little more than $10.00.  I was quite satisfied with my bargains.  After that we went to BCalm yoga and did a 90 minute power yoga class.  Boy did we sweat.  It was over 100 degrees.  I drank two water bottles and by the time we were done I was like pudding.  But it was good.  It's good to be sitting and blogging with a class of wine.  I don't think I'll be doing much more today - but thankfully I made lasagne Wednesday so dinner is all set!

So, do you want to see the cards I made?

First up is the card for Papertrey ink's blog hop.  Below is the link to Nichole's blog and all the fun....

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/11/november-2011-blog-hop.html

They had a super fun inspiration photo and I pulled out my winterberry set and friendship jar to make my card.




I just love this winterberry set.  So many ways to play with this.

Next up is for the bloggers challenge this week.  The challenge is 'color my world.'  I couldn't help but make this fun paint brush card.  Of course I used my favorite card making color - Pool.  Well it's pool for SU and Memory Box.  Papertrey ink calls it aqua mist.  I love it anyway it comes.  Below is the link to Lisa's blog if you want to see the challenge or what the other ladies did.


http://www.lisasomerville.com/2011/11/color-my-world-bloggers-challenge.html

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy the weekend.

19 comments:

Karen C. said...

Love the way you combined the winterberry sprigs with the little jar. So cute! Sounds like you had a very productive day. The larege jar and brushes is so colourful.

Lisa said...

Wow sounds like you had a great day! VERY CUTE card, love the sprigs in the little jar!

Joyce said...

This is so clever. I love it when I see sets combined in interesting ways.

Kara said...

beautiful!

Helen F. said...

I love that you added the Winterberry to your Friendship Jar...it looks so pretty, Linda! Thanks for the idea :o)
PS: You scored great bargains at ACMoore today!

Dana said...

I LOVE the Winterberry & jar!!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

What a terrific combination-Winterberry and the fruit jar! Very creative. :-)

Chunyuan said...

love the winterbeey and the jar. great idea.

Shirley said...

First of all, I think your bargains are grand and the yoga awesome. Your first card is just beautiful and I love the vase and the way you did your berries too! Your next card is just so pretty and I like the turquoise and the other colors you used with it really are wonderful! Hope your TD was great!

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda I love the Winterberry branches coming out of the little jar. Fabulous.

Ally said...

Love both your cards. ;-) I like the way you used the Winterberry branches with the jar, and that little pink ribbon is so delightful. Fabulous! ;-)

Cammie said...

Great take on the challenge! Love the jar filled with branches.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These cards are so lovely Linda! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the winter berries in the jar! Great idea! I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color that you picked for your favorite too! Wonderfully done, my friend! :D

Basement Stamper said...

both are great cards, hope you had a blast shopping. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jane Wetzel said...

what a great blog and LOVE your card!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card. Love those berries. Beautiful!

Kim said...

such a sweet card, love how you used the jar for a flower vase.

Lisa Somerville said...

Sounds like you got some great deals! Beautiful cards, love all the added embossing on the top card, wonderful take on the BC!

Lori said...

Great cards! Love your take on the PTI inspiration photo--especially the pops of red from those berries. And, your color my world card is perfect for the blogger challenge!