Friday, November 4, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Sketch Challenge

Hi bloggers,

Today's post is a congratulations card for a friend of mine.  She has been in a frustrating job (low staff/low pay) and has been looking for a new job for a while.  She just got a new job that pays a lot more and she's very excited to make a fresh start.  She is part of the Tues Eve Bible Study I lead and we've been encouraging her and praying for her.  It's a huge blessing for her and I wanted to acknowledge the joyful moment. 

So, here is the card I made for her.






This uses the sketch challenge that Lisa Somerville.  You can see the sketch, play along and/or see what the other ladies did by clicking the link below:

http://www.lisasomerville.com/

I embellished the inside and the envelope with this adorable patterned paper.  I love this little fat birds.

Oh and before I go today, I have been thinking.  Earlier this week I mentioned that November is one of my favorite months of the year.  I came up with the following '10 things I love about November.'  Which of these are your favorites too?

10) Leftover Halloween candy
I have a wicked bad sweet tooth and love many types of candy.  I love having left over fun size treats. I won't ever indulge in a whole candy bar but a fun size Snicker bar after dinner - you bet.  Yum.

9) The end of golf season
This is good for two reasons.  Both my men love to golf and in the high season I really am a golf widow - spending most Saturday and Sunday afternoons alone.  We also live within walking distance of a golf course.  When the course closes, I take the doggies and let them off - leash for a long walk.

8) Football
I don't know if I've ever sat down and watched a full football game from start to finish, but I love the game anyway.  I love having the football game on in the room.  I love watching parts of the game.  I love having my men hanging out in the basement watching the game and me crafting.  I love watching the instant replays.

7) Pie
Remember #10 and my sweet tooth?  I also LOVE pie. November is great for Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cherry-raspberry pie.. nuh said.

6) Black Friday
Okay, I'm a weirdo.  I actually like black friday.  I love getting the paper on Thanksgiving and sorting through the sale flyers after dinner.  I love coming up with a shopping strategy and yes, I love a bargain.  I love getting 50% off glue dots at Michaels and getting a nike sweatshirt for 19.00 at Dick's sporting goods.   I am a morning person so when I wake up at 6:00am, I pull on some jeans and a sweatshirt and head out while everyone else sleeps and I hit the drive-through for coffee and then my first store.   I don't like to 'power shop' for the day, but I do enjoy heading out for a 2-3 store mini-spritz and getting back home when the others are starting to stir for the day with a bag or two of super bargains.

5) A roaring fire in the fireplace
Nothing better than toasting my tootsies with a good book and calm music in the background on a cool fall afternoon/evening.

4) Velour PJ's
When the crisp air hits and the humidity drops, out come the snuggling clothes.  I put my PJ's on as soon as I know I don't have to go out again for the evening.  Some days (not many) this happens as early as 5:30pm.  I just got a darling pair of velour pants from Target and I broke them in last night.

3) Fall yard work
I love to hunt for bulb bargains.  Ocean State Job Lot and other surplus stores have big bags of tulips and daffodils and at some point in November they start selling them at 75% off.   I plant these bulbs as long as the ground isn't frozen.  I love doing that because when I do, I think about how much fun it will be in the spring when they pop up out of the frozen ground and fill the yard with the early spring color.

2) Snuggling
It's great in the cooler weather to snuggle up in the bed with my dear husband.  I am not very snuggly in the heat of summer, but when the weather cools off, I love to pull the body heat from my hubby and warm my tootsies.

1) Crafting
November is probably my most productive craft month.  I'm still excited about all my potential christmas gift projects, I'm getting a jump start on some of my christmas cards and in November it's all still good and fun and not stressful.

So, what do you love about November???

Thanks for stopping by today.

10 comments:

Vee said...

OO love these papers so much. Great card. Hugs Vee xx

Ida said...

Wonderful card. What a great way to congratulate your friend on her new job. That sentiment is awesome.
Loved your favorite things about November.
Had to laugh about the "left-over" candy as we had plenty of that around here this year.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Linda! Love those birdies! Who makes this paper? I LOVE it! I love your Top Ten list for November too! We have lots of left over candy...only two trick-or-treaters tonight! See you soon! :D

BarbaraW said...

Lovely card. You're on target with the November list.

Basement Stamper said...

Love your 10 favorite things of November! The patterned papers you picked for your card are gorgeous, love the colors.

Terry said...

Lovely card and so perfect for your friend, who will just love this!

Pam said...

I love those birds! The only thing I love about November is Thanksgiving! I am not a winter person at all so this time of year makes me very grouchy.

Chrissy D said...

Great card! I too LOVE November! So many things to be thankful for!!! GOD is good!

Lori said...

Lovely card--I'm sure your friend will appreciate it!