Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving - TCP Challenge

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

So I got a little time in my craft room today - yeah- and I inked up this Cat's Pajama's airplane bunny for this weeks challenge.


The challenge was to use a photo collage as inspiration.  One of the images was a snowy scene so I went with that.  My Mr. Bunny is probably quite cold flying topless in this snowstorm, but he looks happy enough.

So, we are enjoying a very mellow and relaxing holiday here and I thought I'd take a minute and jot down 10 things I'm thankful for this year.

10)  My job - I LOVE my job.  I work 30 hours a week so I get to have off on Wednesday and I only work 7 1/2 hours on Mon/Tues/Thurs and Fri.  I work with some really great people and my job is always changing so it's not usually boring.  I travel for work and it's actually good.  It's no overwhelming travel but interesting - different places - international destinations where I get to work with great people that I know.

9) My home - We have a very comfortable home here in New England.  It's a great layout and very comfortable to live in.  It's not too big and not too small.  It's warm and simple.  We have a fireplace (love my fireplace), a really nice wooded backyard (lots of privacy), a neighorhood with sidewalks (great for walking the dogs and chatting with neighbors) and an awesome finished basement with my craft area.

8) My blog - I love my blog.  As you know, I update a few times a week and I love expressing my artwork and my thoughts.  It's very easy to use and I enjoy posting and getting comments from my on-line friends (like YOU!)

7) My church family - I love my church.  I love the people that go to my church.  I look forward to sunday morning and seeing my church family and worshiping God together.  Our music is loud and energetic.   The sermons are relevant and interesting.  It's a great place to be.

6) My body - okay - this one is interesting.  I can't believe I am saying this.  I do not have an 'awesome' body.  I am not going to be modeling swimwear or lingerie, but seriously, as I get older I really do love my body.  I am healthy.   My body is not broken or sick.  I appreciate that.  I value that.  Not everyone has that and it's something really to be appreciated. Since I started going to Yoga and Pilates this year, my body is strong (well stronger than it was.)  My body let's me do all kinds of things - like walk and drive and move and all the other things that I do day to day.  What's not to love about THAT?

5) My friends.  I don't have a lot of friends, but I have enough friends.  I have my on-line friends, I have my card making friends, I have my work friends, I have my neighbor friends, I have my yoga friends, I have my old friends (well, they aren't old, I've just known them for a long time) and I have my church friends.  I have lots of interesting people to talk to and laugh with.  Friends are awesome and very much appreciated.

4) My parents.  I don't see my mom and dad very often, but I still appreciate them.  They are a huge part of who I am today  They passed their DNA on to me, and they also encouraged me in my youth and helped me develop into a kind and caring person.   My mom is a very unique individual (she is an opera star and - in her youth - a race car driver.)  She is full of life and full of love.  There is always something interesting happening when I get together with my mom - she is very full of life and sometimes that means full of a little crazy - but she's my mom and I love and appreciate her.  My dad isn't at all crazy.  He's the most down to earth person I know.  He is very logical and practical.  He can fix anything.  He is smart and strong and engaging.  He's a great listener and can discuss even controversial topics without starting an argument.  Don't get me wrong - he has strong opinions, he just knows how to express them in a way that generally doesn't start a fight.

3) My kids.  I adore my children.  I think they are awesome.  I love them more now as teenagers and young adults than I did when they were in footed pajamas.  I love their friends too.  I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm not looking forward to the empty nest years nearly as much as I thought I would a few years ago.  I'm sure my husband and I will find tons of blessings in the next season of life, but I am really enjoying having my son around for his senior year and I miss my daughter a lot as she serves in the Ukraine.

2) My husband.  Yes, I really do have a DH (dear husband.)  He is awesome.  He is good looking, kind and loving.  He is gentle and smart.   He drives me crazy a lot, but I love him a lot too.  I should tell him that more often. 

1) My relationship with Jesus Christ.  That has to be #1 on my list, because it is through my relationship with Jesus Christ my Savior that I appreciate any of the blessings I have above.  He loves me.  He died for me.  He created me and is my friend.  He gave me everlasting life and it's through my relationship with him that caused me to finally start to love and accept myself - as I am. 

I hope you can easily think of 10 things you are thankful for today.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your evening.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a lovely card, Linda, and an even lovelier list of things you are thankful for. Thank you for sharing.

Shirley said...

Your card is outstanding. I had forgotten about using a foil look for dies. Wow, what a really nice embellishment! and your rabbit is adorable too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card Linda! I love the snowflakes with the mirror paper! Neat effect! What a wonderful list you've made! A great thing to look back on! :D