Sunday, November 20, 2011

Impression Obsession Challenge

Good morning bloggers,

Today's post is for the I/O challenge 'Stamps only - no patterned paper.'  You can get all the details on their blog.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/11/stamps-only-no-patterned-paper-challenge.html

This stamp set is : 02308 Telephone line by Leigh Hannan.  I colored the birdie's in with my copics, keeping the colors neutral so this can be a man card - if needed.  I embossed my kraft circle with an alphabet embossing folder, added the soft suede ribbon and stitched the edges to add some more visual interest.

I'm off to church in a bit.  I'm helping out in the youth group cafe.  They have this cute little room in the youth wing where we serve soda and snacks to the Jr./Sr high group during the 30 minutes before youth group starts.  My son doesn't frequent the area, but I think the younger kids go.  I'm excited to help out there today and see how it all goes. 

Later, we'll head home and I'll be busy indoors and out getting ready for our Thanksgiving company.  It's going to be beautiful today in New England so I'll get outside and clean up the flower beds cutting the dead branches back and bringing in the garden ornaments and pots (sigh - sad face.)  Then inside to clean and organize.  What do you have plannned for today?

Thanks for stopping by.  Make it a great day.




1 comment:

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card, Linda!! I really like the warm browns and the other colors you used to go with them! The ebossed BG and the stitched edge are wonderful too! Thanks for playing and good luck in our drawing!