Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's nifty to be .....

Hi Bloggers,

Today's birthday card is for my sweet cousin (C-Line, I hope you got this in the mail by now, if not, here is your spoiler alert.)  She has a special birthday this year.  Yup, it's nifty to be - well, you can guess the number.   My sister and I had two fun cousins who were close in age growing up.  Kathie and Caroline were born in '61 and Caroline's sister Noralee was born in '63 with me.  We all lived in NY state but they lived upstate (near Rochester) and we lived downstate (near NYC.)  We were like the city mouse visits the country mouse and vice versa.  We would see each other a few times a year and always had a blast (often mixed in with trouble - TFINY!)  We've all managed to stay in touch even though we are all even further apart (Kathie in PA now, me in MA) and we all are busy with our families and responsabilities.

So, Kathie and C-Line both turned 50 this year, Nor and I will hit that milestone soon enough.  I'm impressed with how full of life and energetic my older cousin is.  You'd never know she was older by her appearance and lifestyle.  You go girl.
So today's birthday card is for two challenges  First, it's for Karen Giron's sketch challenge and second it's for the Stamping Sisters in Christ Autumn color challenge.

The image is perfect for C-Line.  She's a knitting addict and she loves everything to do with fiber.  She's incredibly talented at both weaving her own yarn and knitting various garments.  So I knew for her b-day I would ink up this beautiful basket and add in the wool and needles.   All supplies on today's card are from Stampin Up (except for my copics!)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card Linda! I love this SU set...it's one that I'll never part with! Great mix of papers too! :D

MariLynn said...

Cute card. I like the little pearls onthe basket handles. Thanks for sharing it with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week.

Miesje said...

How cute - love that basket, almost makes me want to knit - note the almost. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linder Roo Rah! My knit-a-holic sister will love this card! You are so sweet! Remember your other nick name "Beast"? and you drove the Beast-mobile? And I knew Ithica like the back of my hand!? As we drove over medians to get back on course!? The cruel aging process: just this past weekend I made Rob laugh when I told him I had to be careful not to be dressing "too-young" at 48. What do you think? - luv u! nor