Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lot's of cards for lot's of challenges

Good morning,
We got some very good news with the mail yesterday.  Eric got an acceptance letter from Clemson University AND he got a decent scholarship as well.  Clemson is one of his top picks for school and with the scholarship they are offering him, it is in the price range of schools he could go to, without having to take out loans.  Whoo, hoo.  We were all very pleased to see that.  He still has a few more schools to apply to and then he'll make his decision, but it's awesome that Clemson is a great option for him.

Now, on to my card post.  Today I have a long post.  I was busy crafting yesterday and created several cards for several challenges.  I am posting them all on this one blog post.  Why?  Well, I'm leaving for a business trip to the west coast.  Costa Mesa Monday, San Jose Tuesday and Seattle Wednesday.  Home on Thursday.  With this busy schedule I knew I wouldn't get a chance to post so wanted to get these out there today.

First up is another stinking cute card using 'There She Goes My Little Friend' set. This cutey pie will be sent to my niece Hannah for her 10th birthday.  The challenge for this card was 'au naturale.'  We were asked to use twine or other 'au naturale' products. 

Next up is a card for My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge.  My friend Kim loaned me this adorable A La Mode set with the candy cane.  This card will be sent over to Ukraine for Sarah next month.
 Next up is an Impression Obsession Card for their challenge on SNOW.  This card uses the stamp D6757. Isn't it adorable? I also want to try this with cracked glass.  You can get all the details on the I/O challenge on the website below.
http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/11/its-snow-much-fun-challenge-week.html



 And last but not least, below is my post for 'The Cat's Pajama's' challenge to use red, chocolate and marigold.  What a great color combination. 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and a great week.  I'll be back with my crafty goodness on Friday or Saturday.

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

That is fantastic news for Eric! You had a very busy day stamping and each card is fabulous!!! Love the way you colored up that sweet TCP bunny! Wonderfully done Linda! :D

Shirley said...

Love the Snow Much Fun Card. What a great use of glitter! That bow is fantastic too~ A really beautiful card, Linda! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Lori said...

Fabulous cards! Love the way you used this week's TCP Tuesday challenge colors--thanks for joining us for the challenge. And, congrats on your son's good news!

Ellen said...

Fantastic cards! I especially love the snow globe and it's glitter!tfs!