Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Make it Monday Card and preparing for Thanksgiving

Good evening bloggers,

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  What an awesome holiday.  No gifts, lots of food and a reason to count your blessings.  I love Thanksgiving.  I am especially looking forward to this thanksgiving because I feel I have the best deal going.  My brother in law loves to cook.  So I bought all the groceries, but he'll be doing the bulk of the cooking.  My husband is the cleaner-upper.  He always does the dishes.  So, my work is done.  And no driving!  Granted, it required 3 trips to three stores over the last few days to stock up on all our goodies AND I'll be in charge of dinner Friday night AND I had to get all the bedrooms ready for house guests, but I still think I make out like a bandit.

Today's card is for Paper Trey Ink's make it monday challenge.

The challenge was to use a sentiment stamp and 'stamp off' the ink to give a very subtle background look for a card.   I used two stamp sets - Bells and Boughs and Silent Night.  I used the sentiments from Silent Night and did 'joy to the world' in aqua mist and  'Thanks be to God' in Antique Linen by Tim Holtz.  I then stamped full strength the bells and merry christmas sentiment.  I added some twine to the top of the bells and two crystals to the top of the bells.  Peeking out in the lower portion is the Memory Box die cut in sahara sand.  I love this effect and will use it again.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving.  I'll be back on Friday with another post for Bloggers Challenge and maybe Papertrey inks blog hop if I'm not too wiped out from Black Friday shopping!  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

What a pretty pretty set! I love the softe elegance!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This card is so soft and pretty Linda! I LOVE the background! Enjoy your Feast Day! I'm oh, so grateful for you, my Friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! :D

Mommy said...

Oh this is soooo pretty! I just got that memory box die too and can't wait to use it. Love what you did and how it peeks out!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card the way you did the background and then the images! Wonderful!

Karen said...

So subtle and pretty. Love the colors.

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors.

Kelly S. said...

So soft and elegant...love the colors you chose!