Thursday, November 17, 2011

Make it Monday Glue Pad

Good evening bloggers,

Today's post is for Papertrey ink's make it monday challenge.  I love this!  I never would have thought of trying this, but now that I've done it once, you bet, I'll be trying this technique again.
The technique is to ink up your stamp on a glue pad, then add in flocking or glitter onto that image.  I chose to use the branches from Winterberry and my green flocking to create a velvet effect background paper for the joyeux noel sentiment.  I wish you could see this and touch it.  It has the neatest texture effect.


So much fun and then I added in some stickles to make pretty white berries on the branches. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Tomorrow I'll have a post for Bloggers Challenge for 'for the boys.' 

4 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. The flocking looks great on the close up shot. I imagine it looks even prettier in person.

Karen said...

(Oh man, I just bought this glue pad tonight and had a lovely assortment of flocking in my hand but put it back wondering when I'd ever use it! Back to Michael's tomorrow...)

I LOVE this card! Looks totally gorgeous with the Winterberry branch.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! What a wonderful effect this technique gives! Your addition of the berries is perfect Linda! :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card, love the flock and those tiny pearls are so yummy.