Friday, December 2, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Anything but a card

Good morning bloggers,



Happy Friday,  This weekend the Monroe family begins to get into the Christmas spirit.  We intentionally don't start our Christmas decorating or celebrating until December.  So this weekend we'll head up to Gordon College to enjoy their yearly Christmas concert.  If you live near a college, I highly recommend you check out their choir performances.  We feel the Gordon concerts can rival Boston events that are much more expensive.  Gordon has a big music dept so they do a fabulous job and it's become somewhat of a tradition for us.  It will be a little sad this year since Sarah won't be with us, but Jessa is coming and I'm sure we'll enjoy it.  Then Sunday is decorating time.  The patriots game will come on at 1:00 and we'll start to put the tree up.  I don't go overboard at all.  A tree (with reasonable #'s of lights and ornaments), a mantle display, some table decorations (napkins, candles) and some greenery on the stairs.  I may also do some lights in the front windows and I might (might) put a christmas towel in the bathroom.  Compared to others we know, this is very modest, but I think it's just right for us! 

So, today's card is 'anything but a card' so I decided to make a fun gift bag.  Isn't he the cutest thing.  Love how he turned out with this fun patterned paper.

Oh and before you go, if you have any holiday entertaining to do this December, I have a fabulous recipe for THE BEST lasagna.  It's more of a meaty lasagna and not so much a cheesy lasagna but YUM - it was good.

The recipe is from Wegman's and it's a little unusual with some different flavors that really blend.  I served this for dinner Friday after Thanksgiving and it got rave reviews from everyone. I highly recommend it.  Make it the day before and then just heat it up with italian bread and a salad.  Voila - yum, yum dinner!

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=726324

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make it a great day.

10 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas bag! Love lasagna, this looks yummy!

wrapknot said...

love, love, love the bag!!!!

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful gift bag. The paper you used is so festive.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and festive gift bag! I love the sound of a meaty lasagna- off to check out the link. And, I love that you save decorating till Dec- sounds like just the right amount of decorating too! Enjoy the concert.

Lori said...

Love your fun and festive gift bag--perfect for the season!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fabulous gift bag Linda! I'm definitely giving this a try! That lasagna looks so yummy! It may be worth the ride to Wegman's for all of the ingredients! Have fun at the concert! :D

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a lovely gift bag, Linda. I am sure the recipient will love it, I know I do.

Shirley said...

I love your gift tote! I am bypassing the link to try and keep losing. LOLOLOL Lalalalalalal :-D

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh what pure creativity!!! I love what you have made!!! XO Cindy

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute holiday gift bag, love the papers!