Saturday, December 10, 2011

Make it Monday - Glitter

Hi bloggers,

Today's post is for Papertrey Ink's make it monday challenge.  Click the link below to check it out.

Make it Monday Blog Post with video on how to do it

I really like these challenges.  Many weeks the technique they show is one I've never tried.  Often my 'make it monday' post is not my best work, but as with anything, first tries often aren't the best, but you must start somewhere.  I like challenging myself to try new things and some techniques I repeat and get better at.  Next year I hope to make my card making more versatile and not default to my 'same old, same old' favorites.  I want to keep it fresh and you guys all know that doing something different is the best way to keep your brain young - right?  So onto my project this week that is 'keeping my brain young.'

So the picture isn't doing this card justice, but it's still not a favorite of mine.  On the right side is a silver embossed sentiment 'merry christmas.'  The main image is glitter masking combined with flocking.  I think the ornament balls are too big.  If I were to do this again, I would leave the tree just plain green and add in some little red and silver stickles for the ornaments.  I do like the blue glitter background and the mat layer on the silver paper though.  Again, not too bad for a first attempt at this technique.  If I have time I may play with this again.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.  Stop by tomorrow to see my Denami post of an adorable puppy on a gift bag.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty Linda! I love all of the sparkle! I think that it is fabulous that you are always willing to try something new with your stamping! I tend to stitch to the same old techniques! :D