Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sweet Holiday Wishes

Good evening bloggers,

Did you all have a nice weekend?  I hope so.  I can't believe it's Sunday night already.  The time went by very quickly, but I have a short work week ahead so that makes it all okay.  We had lots of good things this weekend.  Friday night, hubby and I rented Captain America and relaxed with some wine after dinner with the movie.  Eric was out with his basketball team so we had a taste of empty nest evenings.  Saturday was my favorite yoga class at 9:00, then Bob and I worked at the school thrift store Saturday afternoon.  It was a good day.  I run the register and we were busy the whole afternoon.  I like to be busy.  It makes it interesting and it means we are bringing in money to help keep tuition costs down for the christian school my son attends.  I also like the whole idea of the thrift store.  It's the ultimate recycling center.  Unlike a pure charity, people choose what they need and everything is very affordable so people on low incomes can get nice stuff at a good price AND people who have stuff they don't need anymore can clear out their basements.  I had to laugh... we have a lot of Christmas ornaments for sale.  Guess what ornament we had the most of?  Apples.  All I can imagine is that lots of school kids give their teacher an apple ornament and when the teacher has too many to use, she donates them to our thrift store.

Then Sunday was church, curry/squash soup and bread for lunch, a chat with Sarah and stamping with some friends.  To top it off, our Patriots pulled of a win against Tim Tebow and the Denver Bronco's.  I like Tim and all but I am a New England Patriot fan through and through so we were very happy for the victory.

Well, enough yabbering from me... on to the card.

First up is a fun copy cat card from my friend Kimberly.  She came by today and I got to borrow her Cat's Pajama's candy cane bunny.





She posted a christmas card with him just a bit ago.  I think he's adorable with his frosted hat.   Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very cute Linda! I like how you stamped the bunny on kraft and then paper pieced the white parts! Great card! :D