Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 blogs of Christmas blog 12 Sharing Joy

Happy New Year.  2012 here we come. 

I have two cards to share with you before I share my final christmas blog 'sharing joy.'

The first card is a birthday card for Jessa.  I had won these two combination stamp/die sets by posting a comment on the My Favorite Things blog.  It was so fun to have these arrive in my mailbox the week before Christmas. 



This numbers set is PERFECT for birthday's and anniversary cards.  I love it and imagine I'll get lots of use from this set.  I used a variety of my mind's eye coordinating papers to make this elegant/shabby chic card for her. I also decorated the inside with some of my scraps. 





The second card is for a new year's challenge by Penny Black and Flower Soft.




The challenge here was to be inspired by the designers cards and make our own card using a penny black stamp with flower soft.  I only own one penny black stamp - although I really hope to get a few more cause I love her style.  This fun fairy girl is a favorite of my niece Hannah's - can you tell why?  She's so darn cute and so fun to color up in a variety of ways.  I was inspired by Jeane Streiff's post where she did her card in multiple shades of blue.  You can check her post out here.

http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2011/12/30/penny-blackflower-soft-blog-hop/

I decided to ink up this fairy girl with copics and paper piece her with some pretty blue snowy papers.  I have some really pretty delphinium colored flower soft so I put that on her fairy wings. So fun!

So now, my LAST 12 blogs of Christmas post.  Today's post topic is sharing joy.   According to the dictionary, joy is defined as:

  1. great happiness: feelings of great happiness or pleasure, especially of an elevated or spiritual kind
  2. something that brings happiness: a pleasurable aspect of something or source of happiness
  3. enjoy something: to delight in something
According to the bible, joy is a by product of living in relationship (abiding) in God:

'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  ' Galatians 5:22

Joy is something God wants us to experience.  He doesn't want us to wait to win the lottery to experience it.  He wants us to experience joy in the everyday.   I recently read an article in Prevention magazine that talked about happiness.  In the article it mentioned that often we are not happy because we are awaiting certain circumstances to happen in order to experience happiness.  The article went on to say that happiness, joy and contentment should be something we look to experience even if we are not having monumental life experiences.

It's an interesting article...   Check it out below:


As we start the new year, why not look for joy in the every day? And when you find a joy in a day, why not share it - by smiling to a stranger or offering a kind word.  Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Shirley said...

Wonderful BD card with envy, Linda! And your fairy is just adorable as can be! I just stopped by and wishing you and yours a Very Happy Healthy New Year!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great cards, really love the shabby chic look! Happy New Year to you!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific cards Linda! I love that PB stamp too! You always do a beautiful job with it! Blue is my favorite color! Jessa's card turned out wonderfully too! :D