Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Make it Monday

Hi all,

I couldn't resist trying another 'missed' technique from PTI's make it monday challenge.  So, here is my card using the technique 'vellum strips.'





Now, when I look at this picture, I am appalled at how crooked the image looks.  I will be doing a re-do on this.  It is not okay that the lines on the bottom don't line up.

Anyway, let me tell you about this fun card.  When you see it up close you can tell that the navy background is textured.  It doesn't show up well in the photo, but the texture adds a lot here.  I decided to use my tangerine tango SU paper.  Originally I was using river rock (a soft pale green) where the orange is but I wanted to punch this up a bit and add some pizzaz.  I had just read Mary Rose's blog and she was describing this year's 'in' color.  Did you know that this year the color is orange?  Pantone lists all colors with numbers.  These are used in everything and this year's color is Tangerine Tango. 




It's a very fun, sexy and warm color.  I will be sure to try to grab it more often to ensure my 2012 cards are current with this years color scheme!  I love this color paired with navy.   I'll have fun finding out what other colors this goes with!

I used the MIM technique of vellum strips.  Here the trick is to score your vellum and put your adhesive underneath the score lines.  Then the adhesive doesn't show!  Great idea.

So, have I inspired you to make something with orange?  I hope so. Have a wonderful day.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 


8 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo, I didn't realize Pantone is a fan of Clemson too! Maybe it is a good sign for tonight.:)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Email me and let me know your sons major. There are lots of alums up here in MA, mostly engineers at Lincoln Lab. I'd be happy to answer any questions. :)

Karen said...

Linda came out so great!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! I really like the vellum! I'll have to give this technique a try! :D

Scrappin4kim said...

I WILL be using orange today!!! Love the card even if it's not perfect to you :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely vellum strip. Great colours.

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty CAS card. Love that vellum strip. I missed that MIM. Guess I have to try it now.

Suzanne Russell said...

Great use of the technique, Linda. Thanks for inspiring me to break out my Gracious Vases. I'm ashamed to say that I have never used such a beautiful set. You did a great job with it here.