Friday, January 6, 2012

Bloggers Challenge

Good morning bloggers,

So how is everyone doing with their New Year's Resolutions?   I'm a sucker for a resolution.  I, like everyone else, don't do well keeping them, but I can't resist them when a new year starts or a change is happening.  I sadly didn't get to keep my workout routine going during the last two weeks of December and am feeling flabby (flabbier than usual that is.)  I don't like it.  I also indulged in too many sweets and rich foods and am finding all my clothes are tight.  I really, really, really wish there was a magic button I could press that would put me back where I was Dec 1st (or better yet at my weight when I was 30), but the only solution is to burn or eat less calories than my body needs.  Sigh.  I've had success with weight watchers.  Their program really works.  I do well to plan ahead to eat high fiber foods rich in protein and nutrients and limit the processed/sugary foods.  So, today I will plan ahead and write it down!

How about a fun resolution?  I also am resolved to add more variety to my stamping.  I can't resist getting some new products each month, but am eager this year to explore new brands of products.  There are some really fun stamp companies out there, like YNS (your next stamp), Taylored Expressions and Lawn Fawn.  For this year, I resolve to use some of my stamping budget on these companies and others that I've admired from afar.  Too often I find myself gravitating toward the familiar and spend all my budget at my familiar stores.  It will probably mean paying a nominal shipping fee (gasp) since I probably won't be buying an order big enough to qualify for free shipping, but geez, it's probably less than $5.00 for shipping and it's worth it to me to add that variety in.

Anyway, on to today's card. The Blogger's Challenge this week was a color combination.  Black, Green, Purple and white.  I was working on my card pack for my gift pack and decided to do a spring/Easter card.  Something about purple makes me think of pastel Easter eggs and I wanted to ink up this waltzingmouse set and color with copics.   Normally I don't add black, but this accent adds a nice touch to the pastels, don't you think?


Oh and last but definitely not least, look what came in the mail yesterday?  Isn't that handmade rainbow scarf BEAUTIFUL?  My dear cousin Caroline sent this to me.  I had sent her some unloved stamps for her and her girls to use and this is the wonderful reward I received.  Caroline is a fabulous knitter.  She makes her own yarn too!  Go-gus!!!  Thanks so much!

Have a great day.  Stop by this weekend for a peek at my Denami blog hop creation on Sunday!  I may also get a chance to do one (or two) more papertrey make it monday challenges.  We'll see!

9 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your card, Linda...the colors look great with Easter really not that far away it was an excellent choice! Beautiful.

Your gifted scarf is so lovely...I love the 'feather and fan' pattern she used to create it.

Ida said...

Your Easter card is darling. I love soft pastel's for Springtime.
That scarf is awesome, so colorful and cheery.

Basement Stamper said...

I skipped the resolution this year but am happy you picked one and can't wait to see what you do with the new goodies. Love the card and image you chose and that scarf, BEAUTIFUL!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card, lovely scarf.

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the colors with your wonderful spring card! Beautiful rainbow scraf you received too!

BarbaraW said...

Perfect image for these colors. Great card. Love the scarf too.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful card Linda! Love the soft shades that you used! Pretty image too! You colored it up wonderfully! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Almost forgot...the scarf is beautiful! What a wonderful gift! I'll have to send your cousin some of my extra stamps...lol! :D

Yvonne Garner said...

What a lovely spring card! The scarf is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Best, Yvonne