Monday, January 30, 2012

Gnomes

I hope you aren't sick to death of my gnome cards, but I adore coloring up this stamp set.





Here my little men are given center stage without any patterned paper to take the spotlight away.  I love them on this yellow argyle background with these leaf branches complementing them.  Can you see the peek of cork mat layer underneath.  It's very nice in person and it raises the image up a bit to add more emphasis.

So what does your week ahead look like?  Mine is busy, busy, busy.  Today I'm off on a business trip to Indianapolis and then Dallas, home again Wednesday.  I decided to wear my Patriots shirt to Indiana since there are probably some Super Bowl fans and media gathering.  Why not show my team colors while there - even if  I'm leaving well before the festivities start.  

Oh, and below are our photo's from Patriot Place.  Here is our family with PAT the PATRIOT and the AFC trophy. 

The second photo is me wearing a SUPERBOWL ring (well, a replica!)  I really hope our boys each get rings next week.

When I return from my business trip, I'll get busy preparing the menu for the big game.    I've heard it's fun to make foods that represent the teams geographic area so New England Clam Chowder is on the menu, even though I think of this as a summer dish and it's not a traditional football food.  However Jessa loves it and I love it too, so we'll serve it up.  What are you making for the big game?  I am still looking for ideas and would love to hear your menu suggestions.

Well, I hope you all have a great Monday.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

wrapknot said...

My knowledge of anything'football is minuscule! I know just enough to have a causal conversation, but then I'm done. It is awesome that your herd has a common love of the pigskin (see, just enough )
I' ll be at my local yarn store hoping to score some fiber on sale!

Enjoy Linda

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Who could be tired of these sweet gnomes!! What a fun card! Looks like you all had fun at Patriots Place! :D