Thursday, January 5, 2012

Impression Obsession Valentine Challenge Hearts and Flowers

Hello Bloggers,

How are you today?  I have two cards to share with you today, both are using the same layout and stamp from Impression Obsession.

The first is for the I/O challenge.





The challenge is to use an I/O stamp with hearts and/or flowers for a valentines theme.  I knew right away I wanted to use this floral stamp combined with Papertrey inks autumn rose paper.   The stamp is F2290 Flower Pitchers.  Lots of fun to color and I added some distress stickles to the leaves and some pearl accents to the flowers.  It adds a little touch of glimmer.

Do you want to play along with this challenge?  Just click the link below for the details. The challenge is on till next week so lots of time to play if you can!

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2012/01/our-dt-members-are-ready-for-you-to-take-a-look-at-their-designs-using-pink-some-will-also-be-using-a-some-of-our-stamps-f.html

I liked this card so much I decided to make another this time with orange, yellow and aqua.  It's always amazing how different a card can be with different colors.

I am busy working on a card stash of general purpose cards.  Our family does Christmas craft and we exchange gifts on Martin Luther King birthday weekend so I'm busy cranking out some beauties for the gift pack.  Thus when I find a design I like, I'm making two!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make it a great one.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, Actually I love them both. I am a little partial to the Pink one, maybe....:-) They are lovely!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Karen said...

These cards are so pretty; I love seeing two color combinations. I especially like the simplicity of the design, letting the colored image take center stage.

Anonymous said...

Nice job and I think both are lovely!
PH

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Both cards are beautiful Linda! You do such a lovely job with this stamp! What a great design! I really like the pink one! :D

stampqueen said...

Beautiful cards - I love the second one best but then I am not generally a pink person....

Donna Ellis said...

Linda, the incredible details on your card are so elegant and pretty! What a great card!

Katie said...

Great cards! I am not sure which is my favorite, the first reminds me of spring, the second of summer. It did actually snow here the other day so I am sure that winter is the season we are in...was wondering for a while though. This is a great card design. Thank you for sharing!

Katie B.

Ellen said...

Isn't it amazing how color can change a card so much! Both are fabulous!! TFS