Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Papertrey ink blog hop

Hi bloggers,

Today is January 25th and you know what that means don't you?  It's Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop!  I love this challenge.  We are to find a favorite card from 2011 and use it as inspiration to make a new card.

One of my favorite cards from last year is this orange tulip card.





I made this card last summer, shortly after attending a copic certification class.  I was eager to try out all those blending techniques with this stamp.  So this is my inspiration card for today's challenge.  I decided to go with the color scheme and ink up my bitty bird stamp set as a valentine card for my dear husband.




So here is today's card using the Tangerine Tango, Green, Kraft and Ivory colors.  I love how the bitty birds can almost look like they are kissing. I used my new gingham background stamp with mat stack 5 (all three sizes.)  I love how tiny tags can be 'doubled up' to achieve this double sentiment - love you and husband combined on two tags. 

I hope you are all staying warm on this cold winter's day.  I'm off to make dinner for my family.  I think this is the first meal that I've cooked for them all week.  With my son in basketball, it's a rare evening that all of us are home.  Tonight will be roast Pork, home-made applesauce and mashed potatoes.  I'll pass on the potatoes though - too many weight watcher points so I'll just have pork, applesauce and veggies and hopefully be perfectly satisfied!  What are you having for dinner tonight?

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

12 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

So sweet! Love those birdies! I do love your colored tulip card as well! Fab coloring!
Hugs, Wendy

Karen said...

The tulip card is one of my favorites, too... Love the simple details in your mat stack card - very cute!

It's 5:25 and I don't even know what to make for dinner - we're headed out to tae kwon do, so I guess we'll discuss it in the car... Wish I was having pork and potatoes! Enjoy!

Ginger Claire said...

I'm loving hte orange, it works so well on both cards xx

JJ Bolton said...

You had me at orange;) I love your bold use of orange in both cards! I've never seen the little birdies in orange and they are adorable for sure!

Kathy said...

Anything with orange is beautiful! Love your cards, both are just outstanding. My mom and stepdad used to live in Danvers just outside Boston. Beautiful area:)

maryrose said...

Love your cards, Linda! Hope your husband loves his valentine, too! We're having homemade chicken noodle soup, as my husband is recovering from surgery.

Terrance Doxie said...

Beautiful card. I love that hint of green!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda I love the orange tulips from last year and I love the birds in orange too. Great job.

Ally said...

I love both your cards - such a lovely color combination. You're making me eager for my Mat Stack 5's to arrive tomorrow, LOL. ;-D Love that gorgeous bow at the top, and I love how you used the Tiny Tags. So lovely. ;-)

The Paper Parade said...

I see why you chose that card as your favorite from 2011, its gorgeous! And the second one with those little birds...oh so sweet :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Linda! Love the orange! That mat is terrific and I'm loving the double tag too! :D

Suzanne Russell said...

Great job on the Copic coloring and I love the way you transitioned to the Valentine card using the same color scheme. Gotta love Bitty Bird! :-)