Friday, January 13, 2012

Things with wings - Make it Monday challenge

Hi bloggers,

Happy Friday.  It's a dreary day here in New England.  Cold.  Wet.  Grey.  Yuck.  Lucky for me I am meeting a friend for lunch who I haven't seen in a while, so that will add a nice bright spot to an otherwise blah day.  Maybe a nice soup and salad meal from Panera will warm things up a bit too.

So before I show you my card today, let's talk about football.  We have a big game Saturday night - Tom Brady and the New England Patriots against Tim Tebow and the Denver Bronco's.  Sadly, my husband and I won't be able to watch the game in it's entirety.  We had made plans to go to Maine to see my Mom and her husband in their opera.  So, we will be watching her performance from 7:30-9:00 and not able to see the game till half-time.  I think I'm going to owe my husband big time for this one.    Luckily the show is short and nearby the theater is a sports bar.  My mom will be off at her cast party and Bob and I will hit the sports bar after the show to cheer our our beloved team.  We are hopeful that the Pat's pull off a win.  The Bronco's have a lot of momentum, so it should be a good/competitive game.  I just hope we win.  I'm a big Tebow fan, but against Brady - I'm rooting for my home town boy.  Go Pats!  Do you have a big game coming up?  Who are you rooting for Saturday night?  And, on the lighter side... check out the videos below.  First up is a lighthearted skit picking on Tim Tebow's awesome overtime pass last week.  Second, Jimmy Fallon doing David Bowie/Tim Tebow singing.  We all laughed when we saw these.  Enjoy!

Conan-peanut-players-tim-tebow



tebowie

So, now my card!  The papertrey ink make it monday technique this week was to create a background using border dies.  I just got this fun zigzag border die and decided to use it on cork and make a textured background for my bitty bird get well card.


I chose bitty bird as my stamp for this because our bloggers challenge this week was to make a card with 'things with wings' and yes, birds have wings!  The birds are die cut in Hawaiian shores felt, then stamped with momento black ink.  They are quite colorful and fun.

To learn more about the make it monday technique, check out the papertrey blog post below:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/01/make-it-monday-48-creating-backgrounds-with-border-dies.html

I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend.  I'll be back on Monday with another post!  Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Your card is really lovely. Love the birds and the background layout.
Is it a coincidence that your focal panel is football shaped? lol
Thanks for the laugh this morning. My advice...tape the game and don't listen to the news results until after you watch it.

Joyce said...

Such a sweet card. Love those bitty birds.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your card. Those chubby little birds are wonderful...!

Karen said...

Your card is so cute - love the felt birds and the cork together.

I love Jimmy Fallon, and I loved the laugh: "Dude, you're on your own..."

I hope you get to enjoy your double-fun weekend! GO PATS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great card Linda, the birds are so cute and I love the cork.

1CardCreator said...

Cute card, I love the dimension with the birds and the cork. BTW, congrats on getting your card in "Cards", that is awesome! ~Diane

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Linda! I always love those sweet little birdies! The cork is a great accent...I think that it looks like a tree branch! Have a happy weekend! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful CAS design, love the addition of the cork panels!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card-the birds are great images and the cork is great! You both must be happy with the outcome of the football game!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So cute, love the CAS!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the birds with the cork border going through, very cool!

Ida said...

It's been a "busy" week here so I'm just getting around to commenting.
Love this card. It's so cute and I really think the texture from the cork and the felt little birds is just fabulous.