Friday, January 27, 2012

Two bright and springy cards for a gloomy January day

Hi bloggers,

I have two cards to share with you today for the blogger's challenge.  Our challenge this week was texture.  Yum.  I love adding texture to my cards.

First up is a fun card using my Taylored Expression Stamp Set.  Wouldn't you agree that you simply can't go wrong with aqua blue and light green?  What a great color combination - especially for a fun spring card.  The texture comes from several places - first and foremost - the cuttlebug embossing polka dot die and second from the distress stickles that add texture to the leaves on the trees.  I also count the ribbon as texture, but maybe you don't.
Second up is a St. Patrick's Day card using a free Waltzingmouse digital image.




I don't know if I can this one has texture but the pierced paper, crystal accents and raised image maybe could count.

So we have a fun and busy weekend ahead.  My in-laws and my husband's aunt and her family are coming to town for a visit to watch two of Eric's basketball games, one tonight and another tomorrow afternoon.  We hope to head to Patriot's Place on Saturday and visit the Patriot's Hall.  It's supposed to be a great exhibit of Patriot Football, and we'll get to see (and take pictures with) the trophy the Patriot's won during last week's play-off game.  Then, as if, all that wasn't enough, I have several friends coming Sunday for a Card's for Soldier's workshop.   We'll make these cards above, plus two others.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


10 comments:

Craft Owl said...

Hi from the UK. I love the fresh colours of these projects. Marie x

Basement Stamper said...

both of these are great cards, I love the color on the St. Patrick's Day card and the TE tree is very cool. I have one similar from Our Craft Lounge that I haven't even used yet.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards! Love the added texture and design! Enjoy your visit with your family!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific texturizing, Linda..love how you have achieved a 3-D effect to both your cards. Excellent!

Deb Neerman said...

These are just beautiful!

Ida said...

These are both very nice. I love the color scheme on both and the texture from the embossing, piercing and glitter is so nice.

Shirley-anne said...

Beautiful and crisp looking are both cards.
Love your style .
Shirley-Anne .

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cards- fun to see St Patty Day cards- My Dad is 100% Irish!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful cards. Love the images, colors, and the layouts.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I simply love these colors together Linda! Both cards are wonderful! I wish I could have made it to your workshop! :D