Sunday, January 8, 2012

Valentines Day - Denami Blog Hop

Hi bloggers,

So how is your January weather been?   I normally love a good snow storm, but for us in New England winter is taking it's sweet time to arrive and frankly, after last winter, I'm okay with that.  We are having a beautiful weekend - temperatures in the 50's and bright sunshine.  I'll take it!

So, today my post is a Denami Valentine's Card for the valentine blog hop!




I am slowly building up my inventory of Denami stamps and last month bought my first Denami Chickie.  I can't believe I never had one before.   This is a cute girl chick with a darling flower in her hair.  Of course she got inked up with some traditional light yellows, but those flowers were begging for some RV copics!

I had this My Mind's Eye paper and just love matching up pinks with dark brown.  I love how this satin ribbon really adds a sweet touch to this girly card. 

So, if you are here from the Denami blog hop, you probably arrived from Lani Misner's site.

http://mutantscrapbooker.blogspot.com/

Your next stop on the hop is Linda Nomura's site.

http://www.scraphappylin.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment on all the blogs on the hop for a chance to win one of 3 $20.00 gift certificates.  Good luck!  Happy hopping!

33 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh I remember the first chickie! It is what started my obsession with Denami stamps. It was my "gateway" stamp LOL!

And what a cutie you have chosen for your first....Cute cute card!

Kimberly said...

So cute! I love the little chicks! Great job!

Pat Q said...

The pink ribbon looks perfect with your card. Great color combination.

~Tammy~ said...

Great card layout and super cute chickie stamp!

Pam Wendt said...

Beautiful card, and love those chickies and the luscious bow!

Lin said...

A beaty for sure! Love the colors, the chickie and the bow!

Annette said...

such a cute card...thanks for sharing..

Barb said...

love this...so elegant and pretty!

stephinka said...

What cute little chickadees! Tfs!

Sheryl said...

You're going to be hooked on all of the chicks - they're so cute! Love the sweet chicks on the elegant background.

Emily Keaton said...

Love, love, love this!! It is indeed an awesome girlie card, and your new Chickie is perfect for it. And that My Mind's Eye paper rocks!! Thanks so much for sharing your sweet design in the DeNami Valentine Blog Hop!!

Lisa said...

The MME paper is a perfect backdrop for your sweet little chickies! Very cute card Linda!

Nicki S said...

My January weather has also been FABULOUS (Chicago)!! I'm LOVIN' it, but also worried we are gonna pay for it at some point.

This card is just darling! You're right it is a very girly card. I LOVE that patterned paper background with the sparkles. Great work.

Dana said...

Ooh I love the LO of this card Linda. Those PPs are a perfect compliment to that darling girl chickie.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Lovely card!

andrea said...

proving you can say love without a single heart!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Simply adorable Linda! These chickies are so cute! I have a few Denami stamps! I'll have to send them your way! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! :

Heidi said...

What a fun card! I absolutely adore the background paper you used. And, those chickies are so cute!!!

Suzanne Bier said...

Super cute card! TFS! :)

Linda said...

Those chickies looks so cute on that design paper! Fun card!

Karen said...

Love it! The colors are perfect and those chickies are so cute. Great job!!

Amy Smidebush said...

This is precious! I always love seeing the chickies!

The Wolverina /// said...

Wow Linda that card is so cute!! I love browns and pinks together and the added yellow of the chickies makes that card just perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Tina M said...

Congrats on your first chickie...I'm seeing MANY more in your future!!! What a cute layout...darling card!

Michele Gross said...

Delightful! I just adore the chickies :)

Lindsey Wood said...

This card is gorgeous! The DeNami chickies are the best! Great color combo!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

I'm so glad you finally took the plunge and got your first chickie- you did a great job using it! The patterned paper you chose works with it so well!

Rae Ann said...

Love that background paper and that yummy ribbon! So cute with the chickie stamp. You will surely have a whole flock of them before long!

sharon g said...

Those chicks are so cute! nice job with the ribbon, too.

Jen aka Scrapalajen said...

Love the dp, the die cut and the chickies. They are so cute!

Larisa said...

Stunning card, fab image and great coloring. Great details!!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is SOOOOO SWEET, Linda!!! LOVE those sweet little chickies and your patterned paper choices are FABULOUS!!!!!