Friday, February 24, 2012

Bloggers Challenge - Black/White/Red

Hi Bloggers,

How was your week?  Are you glad it's Friday?  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?  I had a good week.  We had a holiday on Monday so it was a nice short work week and I started my new running program on Monday and I'm surviving!  I am actually loving it.  I'm on a gradual program where I do some interval training with rest days mixed in.  I trust that these people know what they are doing and so far I've been challenged but not overwhelmed.  The only thing that I've noticed is that since I run early in the morning, I have a lot of energy for a while, but I get sleepy about 10:00am.  Once I get over that sleepy time, I'm fine the rest of the day, but boy it sure would be nice to have the option to take a 20 minute snooze at that time!  Instead I go get a green tea and wait for the caffeine to kick in.  Are any of you runners?  If so, tell me your song playlist!  I have a 'running playlist' on my iphone but I'll be looking for some new upbeat fast tempo songs to add in so it doesn't get stale.

So, do you want to see my card for today?  Of course you do.  Our challenge this week was to use Black/White and Red.  I had picked up some 'my minds eye' patterned paper in January and thought this was the perfect time to use it.  I added in some bright red and colored in this Lockhart stamp image with my copics.





I hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow to see my interactive card for papertrey ink's blog hop.  I got my PTI order last night and have a fun card to share with you using my new 'zipper' die and my new leaf stamp set.

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty image and I love the pearls around the top of the basket.

MJ said...

This is so pretty, I too love the pearls on the basket, what a great touch. Beautiful card. I am a beginner runner--I run two and half miles a day on my treadmill. That was my Christmas gift this year and I love it. I actually watch episodes of the Biggest Loser while running--so motivating--if they can do it so can I! Good luck with the new program.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done, Linda! You did a lovely job coloring up this image! Of course, I love the pearl accents! Wish I had some running advice/tips for you, but you know that is definitely not happening here with me...lol! See you soon! :D

Lori said...

How beautiful! Love the pearly accents around the top of the basket.

tonistamps said...

Very nice card. I like the pearls too. Nice touch of elegance to it.

Ida said...

Oh this is so pretty. Love the little basket of roses and the touch of pearls.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Hi Linda. What a lovely card. Love your flower basket and the layout is excellent!

Spyder said...

Love those papers, lovely layout
(Lyn)

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty - love the added pearls on the basket!