Monday, February 27, 2012

Cards for Soldiers - Easter

Good morning bloggers,

I hope you are doing well on this last Monday in February.  I don't know about you, but even though it was a mild winter, I'll still be glad to be done with February and onto March.   It's nice to have spring on it's way and longer days.

Yesterday afternoon several ladies came over and we made Easter cards for Cards for Soldiers.

Here we are, above, busy working on the cards.  Below is each of us with one of our creations.  Notice my Papertrey Ink Butterfly T-Shirt.  I figure I have to wear my stamping t-shirt while I'm stamping.  Good thing I didn't get any ink on it!!
Below is shot of all the cards lined up and finished.  Next I boxed them up with envelopes and got them ready to mail to my Cards for Soldiers lady in NH.

There were kits for 10 ladies to make 4 cards each.  Even though there weren't 10 of us, we managed to finish most of the kits by having some ladies make 2 of one card and then I finished the rest up after dinner.  It goes so fast when all the card stock is cut and the die cuts done.  When it's just stamping and gluing it goes super fast.  Of course for the card making to go fast, that meant that I spent the last week cutting and organizing.  It's several hours of preparation, but it's nice to see the ladies happy with their creations and I know the soldiers and loved ones appreciate it.

I like hosting cards for soldiers for several reasons.  Mainly I like to use my craft and supplies to give back to the community.  I also like to get together with other ladies and make cards.  It's kind of a win-win.  Sadly, I don't think I can do another workshop until June.  It looks like I'll be doing some business trips and personal trips in March/April and May so I won't have much free time. 

Below are close-up shots of each of the cards.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a great day.


2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Looks like a great time, Linda! I wish I could I could have been there...(dang headache)!! The cards look fantastic! I love the first one with the eggs...the colors and patterns are beautiful! Love your shirt too! Talk to you soon! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Guess my head isn't quite right yet! Apparently, my typing is off in the first comment...ugh! :D