Sunday, February 12, 2012

Denami blog hop - chickies

Hi everyone,

Are you here for the Denami Blog Hop?  Welcome!  I'm so glad you are here.

Now don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible to win one of the prizes. Denami is giving away two gift certificates to two people who comment along the hop.    I love to hear from you.  Thanks for commenting.

If you are following the hop, you came from Wendy's Blog.

So about my card.  I have recently acquired a fun chickie set of sports guys.  Since it's basketball season, I decided to ink up Mr. Basketball Chickie on an inchy card.  What is an inchy card?  Well, you cut up little 1" squares and stamp your image onto the square.  You can do all kinds of fun inchy cards and the Denami chicks work awesome.  It is no coincidence that you need 5 BB players to start a game, so I put 5 inchies on my card.  I hope you can see it but in the blue area is a sentiment that says Thank You.  I figure this will make a nice thank you card for a coach.    My son is a little old for this card, but the school hosts a charity auction and I have agreed to give them some cards to auction.  I thought this would be perfect for some of the elementary kids.  As for my sons team, well, they are having an awesome season.  He is a senior at Whitinsville Christian School and so far they are 12-1.  They are a division 3 school, but we are excited for some post season play-off games.  Go 'Saders!

If you want to continue along, your next stop is Nickies Blog

Have a great day!

44 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super adorable card dearie!!!

Christine Zani said...

wow! the off-kilter shadow stamps in the background really made this. nice work!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the "layout" of this card. I think this would be a great card for the auction!! Really like how you choose basketballish colors. Really fun card!

Carol Hartery said...

I love the coordinating envelope that you made for your card.

Andrea M said...

This is so sweet Linda! How fun! Great job!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Those chickies really do work well for an inchie card don't they? B-ball goodness!

Gail said...

Great card!

Pam Wendt said...

Hooray for your son's great season!
And hooray for your adorable inchy card - I love learning a new technique! Thank you for sharing!

cheryl said...

Love the card and I like the way you decorated the envelope. I love the matching ideas.

designbydonna said...

Love it! Clever idea.

Aunt Doe said...

Another great card...love the added touch on the envelope.

Christine - Cndn Stamper said...

Love the matching envelope to go with the card.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

Barb said...

super card! i love the accented squares. great design

Amy Smidebush said...

This is so cute! I love that you stamped the chickie on the envelope, too!!

Jennifer said...

so Cute!!! And would be perfect for any sporty boy!!! Great idea.
Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Sheryl said...

Sports chicks! Love the inchies, and how you embellished the envie!

Annette Holleger said...

Perfect for basketball season. Any coach would love this. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Oh, I have never seen an "inchy" card before and I just love it!! Congrats on your son's great season!
jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Cute basketball card!! And I adore the matching envelope!

Tanya said...

What a fun card! How nice of you to donate them to be auctioned!

sharon g said...

I like how you decorated the envelope, too. I like to do that myself.

April said...

Cute way to use the basketball chick. I love the sports set. I am hoping they come out with more sports themed chicks. Great job!!

Lisa said...

Basketball chickies...HOW FUN! Love the sporty colors and matching envelope too, cute card!

Kimberly said...

Super cute! I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

I love the matching envelope! Too cute!

The Wolverina /// said...

Go 'Saders! :) Awesome card, love the theme! Totally inspirational! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

FANTASTIC card, Linda!!! That long-legged basketball player chickie cracks me up!! LOVE him!! And I LOVE how you put 5 chickies on the card! Sounds like your son's team is having an AWESOME season!! Way to go, 'Saders!!!!

Emily Keaton said...

That basketball chickie is totally fun for this inchy card! Oh, yes--perfect for the school auction. And including 5 chickies so there are enough for a BB team? Genius!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Super CUTE card! ;o)

PBrown9624 said...

Nice " guy" card! Great colors

Denise Bryant said...

Cute card! Love the chickie inchies!
DeniseB

Rae Ann said...

Love the idea of inchies full of chickies! I like how you used the same stamp for the background too.

Michele Gross said...

Just darling!!

Suzanne Bier said...

Such a cute and sporty card! Love that you made a custom background with the stamp!

laceyrane said...

Those are some talllll chickies..lol, Cute!! Thanks For Sharing

Tina M said...

Your inchie card is just too darling! Great job :)

Nicki S said...

I love your take on the basketball theme Linda! Perfect colors, and the layout is great! Nice work!

Scrappin4kim said...

So cute Linda, the winner of your cards is very lucky!!

~ Linden ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Ooohhh..I love this card! Great job!!!

HockeyScrap said...

I love your color choices and layout. And the matching envelope is AWESOME!

Christy P said...

cute usage of the basketball chickies!

Jeanne said...

Love the inchy card and your chicks' team is a winner. Love your card!

Dana said...

This is perfect! I love it!