Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ivan & Butterfly Cards

Hi bloggers,

Well, it's happened.  My beautiful daughter who is teaching in Ukraine with the peace corp has met a Ukranian man.  Yikes!  They have been spending time together and developing a friendship. Based on the way she talks, it seems only a matter of time before the friendship turns romantic.  And he is a soldier.  He works for the government on border patrol to prevent smuggling.  I saw his picture on facebook and if I met him at night at the border I would be afraid.  She says he is very sweet and has a nice smile.  I hope she is right.  Talk about a time where you have to trust God, this is a big one for me.  I don't know this man.  I don't know his family.  What are his intentions for my sweet girl?  So, what do I do?  I pray.  I am praying that if he is at all misleading with her, it will be revealed.  If he has any false motives, they would be thwarted.  And mostly I pray for my daughter to have good judgement.  I also count on the prayers I've laid down for all these years for her .

I am optimistic that he is a nice man and Sarah has given us no reason ever to question her judgement.  She is careful and not impulsive, but it's still very unnerving listening to my little girl describe how she is spending time with a man I don't know!   I will feel much better after I meet this man in person and THANKFULLY, we are scheduled to visit her in April and if they are more than friends, I will insist on getting a chance to meet him.  Sarah insists it's only a friendship, but if you believe in the power of prayer, will you pray for my daughter too?

So, for today's crafty moment, below are two cards I made with my new papertrey butterfly set.  I am loving playing with this set and doing colorful cards.  Which is your favorite?








Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Sarah Kate Monroe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Kate Monroe said...

Well, we've only known each other a week so don't get too nervous yet... and I'll remind you there is no romance so far! But, I always appreciate and can use prayers :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These cards are gorgeous, Linda! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the second one with all of the different colors! Sarah is such a smart girl and I know that everything will be just fine! I'll send lots of prayers just because though! :D