Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Make it Monday - Glitter Buttons

Good morning bloggers,

This weeks Make It Monday challenge was to make glitter buttons.  I used the easy method and put stickles (glue glitter) on my die cut buttons to get the effect.  I'm not a big fan of glitter buttons, but I now have a new favorite color combination.  Bright Pink, Black and Ivory.  Stunning.  I also love this fancy thank you image.  I'll be playing with this color and stamp set again.  Very elegant don't you think?
Well today is Tuesday, but it feels like a Monday.  We had a holiday yesterday, presidents day.  It was a wonderful, lazy day with no real agenda.  I love that.  The only thing I really wanted to do was start my running program and go to my evening yoga class.

So, with nothing to do, hubby and I headed to the Natick Collection to buy me a new pair of running shoes and get some lunch.  Natick Collection is our really cool, expanded mall that is about 30 minutes away.  They have everything there.  There is a very nice American Girl store, although I've never been and every other store imaginable.  There are also several strip malls nearby.  I got my running shoes at DSW on the clearance rack.  For lunch, I have been dying to try this new Japanese restaurant.  How cool is this place.  The sushi comes around the tables and booths on a conveyer belt.  Everything is priced by the color of the plate and the waiter brings you drinks and hot items.  It was very fun and not too expensive.  It's fun because it is 'cafe' style, meaning it is not in a storefront but in the middle of the mall with the skylights.  Lots of people watching.
The photo on the left is the view from our table.  The items come by on that belt with a label and you just take down the dish you want.
The photo on the right shows the busy sushi chefs preparing the dishes to go on the belt.  

Yum, I hope to go back sometime.  Well, enjoy your day.  I hope you get to do something crafty!

6 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Hi Linda! So I haven't gotten back to you about Clemson. I got sick and then I got swamped with school and a class. :( That sushi place looks fab! Haven't been to The Collection in a long time. I'll have to check it out. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card Linda. Love the black and hot pink! Amazing glittered buttons!

Marybeth said...

Yes, very elegant card! Nice of your hubby to buy you new shoes. Very interesting mall.

missy said...

beautiful card! I love these colors together too!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the color combination! The way you added the twine in the buttons is so great!

Paper and Ribbons said...

Lovely card and I like the colour combo.

Sushi served in that way just tickles me! I had it just last night, yum :)