Saturday, February 25, 2012

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

Hello Bloggers,

Today's post is an interactive card for papertrey's challenge.  So what is an interactive card?  Well, I think it's any card where the person who receives it has to do something - open a flap, pull a tab.  It could also be a card with three dimensions like a pop-up card.

I just my new papertrey items from my UPS man Thursday night so I was eager to try out the zipper die.  I paired it with the leaf stamp set for a nice clean and simple design with action.





I think I'm going to love this leaf stamp set.  It's so simple and serene, but I think it will be useful for so many occasions.  I intentionally left it super simple to let the gorgeous and calming color scheme take center stage.




So let me tell you how this card 'works.'  To start with I stamped a sentiment on the green layer.  Then I stamped a white card that is just slightly smaller than an A4 card with the leaves.  Then I put the zipper die
on it and ran it through the cuttlebug (my die cut machine.)  Then I glued the cut out piece back on the green card making sure to line up the zipper area directly over the sentiment.

I like the effect of the frame so I saved the remnant from the die and glued it onto my card base. 

Then I glued my top layer on top of that and voila - my interactive - zipper card.  The recipient will zip the tab off and see their sentiment. After it was all put together I added some pearl accents to the branch berries to add a tad of texture. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and learning about interactive cards and zipper dies!

16 comments:

Leigh said...

Very pretty! How lovely to see how you've used the new release goodies!

Karen said...

LOVE this! It is so simple but gorgeous, and the frame idea is brilliant.

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda such a beautiful card, good idea to photograph before hiding under the zipper.

JJ Bolton said...

Lovely card! I agree that those leaves are beautiful! Thanks for showing how you put it together:)

rebecca said...

Pretty and elegant card Linda!

Marybeth said...

Oh wow! Linda this is so pretty. Thanks so much for showing us how you accomplished the wonderful card.

The Paper Parade said...

I'm loving those branches! I didn't get them, but now I wish I had...beautiful job on this card :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. Love how you made this card. The colors are so pretty. Very peaceful looking card.

ashjoy said...

Very cool!

Suzanne said...

Wow...this is so pretty!

Georgie Horn said...

what a great idea! I love it!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful , Linda! Love the leaves on your fabulous zipper card.

Karen C. said...

Lovely, soft and serene card design and colour choice.

Terri E. said...

Serriously, the zipper is my new favorite thing LOL! Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the zipper interation! Fabulous!

Monica L said...

Reviewing the Blog Hop entries after the fact but LOVE yours. The frame idea is FANTASTIC!! Great Job!!!!