Friday, February 17, 2012

Two Challenges

Hi everyone,

I hope I didn't pester you all too much last week with my quick posts with just cards.  Sadly, I did not win any of the awesome prizes during papertrey ink's anniversary week, but I did have fun playing along.  I also placed a nice order for some of their new goodies AND I've earned some reward points.  Reward points are kind of interesting.  On one hand I love getting a discount or things for free.  But on the other hand, I am often surprised by how many points I've earned.  That means I've spent some bucks!

I do try to keep my card making hobby on a budget.  Really, I do, and generally I'm pretty good about it.  So I set aside a certain amount every month - I think of this as my 'hallmark replacement allowance.' Then my husband and I have a cash allowance system.  Every two weeks we each get our cash allowance.  We use that for lunches, coffee, admission to basketball games, car washes, manicures... well you get the idea.  So, I often supplement my card making allowance with my cash allowance.  I pack my lunch almost every day and make coffee at home.  That allows me to stash up my allowance for other stuff.  It's a good system and I feel thankful that I have any allowance at all for my fun hobby.  I meet a lot of people who are really struggling financially, so to have any disposal income in today's economy is a really good thing.

So, anyway, back to today's post.  It really didn't start out being about budgeting, but it was a fun side-note.

Today's card is for two challenges.  First, it's for the Friday Blogger's Challenge.  Our challenge this week was 'the seashore.'  I thought this was a mean challenge.  Why?  Because I love the ocean and I haven't been to a beach since August.  I miss having my toes in the water and my butt in the sand.  And it's February so I won't be enjoying the seashore for quite a while.  But it was fun to remember the fun days at the beach last summer when I made this card.





And this card is also part of Impression Obsessions Challenge for a Hello card.  I added the little tag sentiment on the lower left corner that says 'hello friend.'

My inspiration for today's card is Bermuda.  Bermuda has the most beautiful pink sand beaches, so I added a hint of coral-pink to the card to bring out that sand color.  Sigh..... I so want to be sitting in that beach chair with a good book and a cool glass of lemonade......  You two?  Well, spring will come soon.  I hope!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back this weekend.  Friday night is senior night at the WCS basketball game so I'll probably have some photos for you as they honor the seniors during the last home basketball game.  Oh, and I have some crafty things planned too.  See you then.

Oh and in case you want to hear a fun song about 'toes in the water' at the beach, check out this video of the Zach Brown Band.... love this song...


10 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, I love your card and the video you chose to post with it is wonderful!!! I love the soft colors with the orange too! Thanks for playing, Linda, and good luck in the drawing too!!!

Paula Huiras said...

I love that scene! I like how you framed it-neat!
PH

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful scene! I love the soft pretty colors you used. The thought of your feet in the water and walking in sand is so calming! I like the idea of a craft budget- I have been bad lately- just hostessed a Su party....so you have inspired me with your budget idea!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the colors you used on your card-and I love Zac Brown Band too! Great scene, wish I were sitting in that chair.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty and makes me long for the beach too! Old Man Winter has been good to us this year, but it is still too cold for the beach here!! You did a wonderful job coloring up this terrific image Linda! Love the whole design! Have fun at the game! Talk to you soon! Hugs! :D

My name is Erika. said...

Love the colors in your card and those IO images are some of my favorites. Great job.

Tracey said...

So wonderful!!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card & image ! I hear you on the budget for crafts ! Too bad it's not unlimited but then I would run out of space to store things :) Good luck in the draw !

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful beach scene! Wonderful design and use of color!

Lori said...

Love your summer scene--it's beautifully colored. Can't wait for beach season to arrive!