Friday, March 2, 2012

Be the change you wish to see

Good afternoon bloggers,

It's Friday.  Do you love Fridays?  When I was in high school and college, I loved Fridays.  Why?  Because that meant the party was about to start.  I loved to go and hang out with my friends and socialize when I was younger.  Now, I love Friday's because it means things will slow down - at least for a night.  Friday nights nowadays are all about putting my jammies on after dinner and no alarm in the morning.  Today is a little different in that we have a play-off basketball game to watch (so no jammies till about 8:30pm) and I have  flight to catch early in the morning to go with my mom to visit my sister and cousin in Philadelphia to celebrate a belated birthday for my mom.  I'm still glad it's Friday though.  How about you?

Today's card is a different style for me.  I don't know why, but today's sketch for bloggers challenge caught me a little ill-prepared.  I kept looking at the sketch and then at my stamps and no ideas were coming to mind. 

Then I noticed this sentiment stamp that I've had.  This sentiment is SOOO fabulous, it can stand on it's own.  Then I dug out these really nice My Mind's Eye papers and decided that the beautiful patterns of paper and the sentiment were enough to make a nice card.

So, voila, my bloggers' challenge sketch card:




Aren't these papers just gorgeous?  This is also nice because it can be given to a man or woman and this sentiment can work for many different occasions.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful card, Linda!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Great take on the sketch, Linda. Your card looks wonderful.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Linda! I know exactly what you mean about Fridays!! Now I just want to put my pj's on and relax! Hahaha. Love your card. Have a great weekend!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderfully done, Linda! These papers are so pretty! This is one of my favorite sentiments! Have a great trip to Philly! Travel safely! :D

Basement Stamper said...

I love this paper and that you used a sentiment as your focal point. Gorgeous. Hope you had a great trip!

Debbie said...

Awesome card!! I've seen that sentiment a few times on Pinterest lately and it's great!!

MJ said...

Love it. Great sentiment. Hope you had fun on your post birthday trip with mom!