Friday, March 16, 2012

Bloggers Challenge and Europe Trip Update

Hi bloggers,

Today the bloggers challenge is to make a birthday card.  Since Sarah's birthday is in early April, this was a perfect opportunity to make that card.

I wanted to do something really nice for her on her 23rd birthday so I took some ideas from Nichole Heady and CASE'd a card she made.  To case a card means basically to copy it.

 I don't own the same supplies that Nichole did, so mine looks different in a variety of ways, but I can't take credit for the beautiful design.  I just executed one using her design.  So this one below is mine.

And the next one is Nichole's

Isn't this lovely.  I adore the color combination and the design effect.  I am very excited that I'll be able to hand deliver this beautiful card to Sarah next week.  I have a business trip to Munich Germany and I looked into flights to Ukraine.  I was so happy that there was a direct flight from Munich to Lviv and it's less than 500 miles and under 2 hours.  When I added the Lviv city onto my trip and a Saturday night stay, the flight from Boston-Munich-Lviv-Boston was less than a direct flight from Boston-Munich.  Awesome.  So of course, I made arrangements to fly from Munich Friday to Lviv to see my girl.  I think Sarah will have to take a 4-6 hour train ride to get to Lviv from her village, but she is able to take Friday off and it is not a problem.

I am excited to experience eastern Europe.   I think I'm in for an adventure and I think Sarah will enjoy seeing me, getting all the stuff I'll bring her and seeing the city.  Below is a photo of the hotel that Sarah is going to reserve for us.  It looks very interesting and the reviews are good.

Because of my premium status on United, I get to bring checked 2 bags for no additional charge.  I have started to fill them and don't know how I'm going to get all the stuff she wants in the bags.  Plus I have to bring my work outfits and my laptop.  That will be my challenge this weekend.

Bob and I had planned to visit Sarah in her village in April.  Once my work trip came together and this weekend to Lviv, we decided to postpone our other visit to her until the summer.   Luckily I was able to modify our flights without penalty so now I'll see her in March and then again in June.  In June we'll have quite a bit of time to go into her village and also visit Budapest Hungary.  That should be an adventure also.

So that is my Europe trip update.  Stop back by and check out my updates and photos.  I'm sure I'll have a story of two.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

9 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a great card! Beautifully created.

Lori said...

Beautiful birthday card! I'm sure Sarah will love it. Have a safe trip!

Karen said...

I love your card - it's beautiful! I hope you have a happy and safe trip. Best wishes to Sarah on her birthday! Hope to see a post or two from Ukraine...

Lisa Somerville said...

Love your spin on Nicole's card! Wishing Sarah a Happy Birthday!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute card, love those colors and great CASE. Hope you have a wonderful trip and great that you will get to see Sarah, love when business trips allow for some side visits ;-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is such a beautiful card for Sarah's birthday! I love the colors, Linda! I'm so excited for your upcoming trip (I'm munching on a small handful of peanut butter M&M's as I type...lol!) Travel safely, my friend! We'll talk soon! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loe your card- the images are great - and I love the soft colors together! Wow- you are quite the world traveler!!! Have a safe and fun fun trip!!!

MJ said...

This is stunning, I am sure that she will love it. Hope you have a great trip--sounds fun!

Ida said...

Your card is so pretty. I love the colors. You did a great job caseing Nicole's card and I know your daughter will love it.
How wonderful that you will be able to hand deliver it.