Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leibster Award

Hi Bloggers,
Before I show you today's crafty item and give you a quick Monroe update, I want to announce that I have won the Liebster Award!   
Have you heard of the Liebster Award?  

I've seen some of the blogs I follow mention it, but I wasn't really sure what it was all about until a few days ago when Lisa (author of the Bellalistona Blog) awarded it to me.  Yeah!  Thank you Lisa.  You can check out her blog with the link below:

This award is something that is given by one blogger to another.  So now that Lisa awarded it to me, I get to award it to 5 other bloggers.  How fun is that.  The details about it are below:
Here's how the award works:

1. Link back to the person who gave you the award and thank them for thinking of you.
2. Post the award on your blog.
3. Pass the award along to 5 creative bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who inspire you. 
4. Leave a comment on the blogs of the 5 people you've chosen to let them know about the award.
So, I have lots of blog friends who have less than 200 followers.  The hard part was choosing among them.  Here is who I came up with:
My awards (in no particular order)
1) Pam
2) Karen
3) Kimberly
4) Caroline
5) Jenny


So ladies, it's your turn.  Choose 5 blogs that inspire you and pass along the love!
I also have a card to share with you today.
I know this one is a lot like another I posted earlier, but I love playing with different color combinations on the bright butterfly flock.  Fun!
And before I go, a few updates from our household.  Eric's had a great post-season basketball game.  He played quite a bit in the last few playoff games and contributed well.  They played today for the district championship and we won quite solidly against the Littleton team.  Eric played for almost 1/2 the game.  The coach has been mixing it up a lot and it's working.  Tuesday we are off to the state semi-finals and if we win that game, the state championship is Saturday.  We won the Div 3 state championship last year so it would be very fun to repeat!  Below is the write up about Eric from last Monday's game against Keefe Tech.
 Below is a picture of Eric and Jessa after today's game.

As for Sarah, well it's official.  She is now dating her new Ukrainian friend Ivan.  He sounds like a nice guy.  I may get to meet him in a few weeks.  I have a business trip to Germany and I have scheduled my trip so I can meet Sarah in Lviv (a city in Ukraine) for the weekend.  Ivan is from Lviv and if he can get time off from work he will meet us at some point during the weekend.  I am getting very excited to see Sarah.  It's been 7 months since she left and it will be wonderful to give her a hug and hang out with her and experience her world a little bit.  I hope she lets me spoil her a little bit.  I told her I want to treat her to a hair cut and maybe a new outfit, but she's so independent now she is reluctant.  I will be bringing her some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, socks and books.  I'm sure by the time I leave I'll have a list of American items she'll want me to bring.  
Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back tomorrow for the Denami Birthday Blog Hop.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Thank you for the award, Linda! (I thought that I left a comment here already, but it seems to be missing!). Your card is beautiful! I love these butterflies! :D