Sunday, March 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop

Hi everyone,

Today is Papertrey Ink's blog hop.

The challenge this week was to make a card based on the photo below.  Don't you just love this inspiration photo?  These yellows, whites and blue green colors are wonderful together.  I also love all the candy.  Yum.  Did you notice the Laffy Taffy in the bottom right corner?  I love yellow laffy taffy (banana flavor.)  I'm just like a kid when it comes to these things.  Most adults I know think it taste awful - so artificial and super sweet, but I love it (in small doses.)

I decided to use my daisy stamp from the friendship jar fillers set for my card.  I had fun creating this warm sunshiny card using my new gingham aqua mist paper and yellow copic markers.  I kept the design clean and simple.  I kept trying to add something and each time, kept going back to the less is more concept.

For those who follow my blog you know that today I am in Lviv Ukraine visiting my daughter, heading home this afternoon.  We had a great weekend together.  Lviv is so very interesting.  If anyone wants to experience wonderful hospitality, art, music, history at an affordable price - head to Lviv.   The city is BEAUTIFUL and the people are very friendly, entertaining and talkative.  And there is NOTHING american about it.  It is truly an 'old world' European city that hasn't been corrupted infiltrated with western culture.  It's not that far either.  There are easy connections via Germany, UK and France.   My daughter is living in a small village about 4 hours away.  It was her first time int he city also and she really loved it.  Spending a few days with her was great.  She is thriving as a peace corp volunteer teaching here in Ukraine and that makes a momma proud and happy - you know!

I'll have a longer post tomorrow with details and photo's if you are interested in stopping back.

Above is a quick photo of my beautiful daughter at the shopping bazaar.  Below is a photo of both of us at 'high castle.'
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you enjoy your day.

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I LOVE the gingham! It looks like you and Sarah are having a wonderful time together! Can't wait to hear all about it! Safe travels home! Hugs! :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful card Linda.

Karen said...

Pretty card; what's not to love about daisies and gingham, not to mention yellow and aqua?

I'm so glad you've enjoyed your visit with Sarah. I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

The Paper Parade said...

I love that your card is long and slender. The colors and flowers go perfectly with the inspiration photo! And thanks for sharing the pics from your trip, your daughter is gorgeous!