Friday, April 20, 2012

Blogger's Challenge - Sketch

Hello Bloggers,

Today's post is a card I made using a sketch challenge from Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge.  You can check our her blog by clicking the link below:

 http://www.lisasomerville.com/

I love using sketches when making cards.  For me, it allows the perfect inspiration for creativity.  Frankly I struggle with no boundaries.  My favorite craft environment?  Having an occasion for a specific person with a sketch.  Why?  Well, it narrows it down for me.  Kind of like a creative writing class instructor giving you something to work with like - write a 250 word essay on what you did over summer vacation.  If the teacher just said 'write something' well, that's too vague.  You know?

So I'm in my wheel house on this one.  I have an occasion - sending my daughter Sarah a care package.  I have a person - my daughter Sarah.  I have the below sketch and voila, above is my creative output!

I like sketches because they give me the framework.  So that gives me the freedom to choose my stamp set (My little friend from There She Goes Stamp Company) & my color scheme (Cosmo Cricket Patterned paper matched with Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy.)

So what is your favorite way to stamp?  Do you like an open assignment or are you like me where you appreciate a few boundaries before you get inky?

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Aw...how cute is this?

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable, Linda! I love these gnomes! Great papers too (so fun and Springy)!! :D

Lori said...

So sweet! Love the paper piecing on the gnome's outfit.

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute, love the paper piecing! Wonderful use of the sketch!