Sunday, April 15, 2012

Denami Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,

Happy Sunday!  If you are here for the Denami Blog Hop - Welcome!  I'm so glad you stopped by.  You probably arrived here from Pam Wendt's blog:  http://www.handwerkbypamela.com/


For those who follow my blog regularly, we are still waiting - sigh - for the nike plus gadget to leave my dog Tank's digestive system.  We are now at day 4 and Monday we'll head to the vet for X-rays to see where it's at and how it will be removed.  Surprisingly, the tracker still works.  Tank burned 43 calories walking .45 miles yesterday.  ) - :

To the left is a photo of the tracker that he ate (small red and white thing.)  I bought a new one since I didn't think I'd want the old one anymore.  The one inside him still works.  See the walk he took? 
And below is a photo of my very stupid dog whom I adore.  Poor baby.  These next few days are not going to be fun for either of us.


So, on to today's card.  I love ribbons so it was really fun designing my card for this challenge.  When I decided to go with this layout, and this tumbling chickie stamp set, I knew I wanted to use the light yellow color scheme.  This would make a great mother's day card don't you think?  It could be for any number of occasions.

The scallops are super easy to make.   I embossed the cardstock first, then used a circle punch and adhered them to the back of the white layer.

Be sure to leave a comment to be eligible to win a Denami gift certificate before you head to the next stop on the blog hop at Tenia Nelson's site:  http://jazzypaper.blogspot.com/

If you want to go directly to the Denami blog, you can click the link below:

http://denami.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

24 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ohh poor puppy - but good to know he is getting his cardio in :)

Yes, I agree what a cute mother's day card this would make. Never really thought about pairing these colors together but they work wonderfully.

~Tammy~ said...

Awww poor poor baby! So cute though!!!

Your card is so perfect for spring! Love those colors and the sentiment tag!

Tenia Nelson said...

Poor dog....I have dogs so I know that they can ingest weird stuff....lol!!! This card is sooooo cute!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Carol Hartery said...

Hope your dog feels better soon. Yellow and chickies...what could be nicer!

Pam Wendt said...

Oh that Tank is so cute - look at that furry little face! - and how funny that despite his naughtiness (eating the tracker), he is still bringing joy to all of us with his funny antics (charting his cardio workout!). Your card is so pretty - love those tumbling chickies! - and the yellow is such a pretty Springtime color!

Last Teacher Standing said...

Hope he is better soon. I love the card. So happy, and I love the color combination.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Poor puppy! I'm hoping he feels better soon!
Gorgeous card! TFS!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love those tumbling chicks!

Linda said...

I can't believe that it keeps on tracking! Oh my...so sorry for Tank. Hope everything works out ok. Maybe tonight...

BTW, a very cute card idea too!

Cardcrafter said...

Thank you for the pretty card idea! Lovely trick for the scallops!

The Wolverina /// said...

Love the card and your use of the ribbon and the circle stamp! Beautiful!

I hope your pooch gets better soon! They sometimes eat the craziest things but I think a nike tracker is one of the more unique ones! Good luck!

Lisa said...

Oh no your poor pup!! On a happier note your card is adorable! Love the pretty yellow you used!

Carol said...

Adorable card!

Hope the pup is ok, he's not dumb, he's just a curious dog!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! Love the soft yellow!!
Poor puppy!!

Christine Zani said...

i am definitely stealing that scallop idea - embossing works wonders - and of course, great use of ribbon :) thanks!

Emily Keaton said...

Linda, your design for this card is delightful! I love those pretty colors, and your ravishing ribbons couldn't be lovelier. And your tumbling chickies are SO cute!

Suzanne Bier said...

Love your card, Linda! The yellow is so cheerful! :)

Tina M said...

Poor little Tank!! Hope he's better soon...

Your card is so pretty. I love the softness of it.

...:::Paulina:::... said...

This card is so perfect! I love the soft colors, the way you used the Small Solid Circle with the chicks and your "scallops" are so fun!

Amy Smidebush said...

Hope everything works out with your puppy! What a cutie! Your card is really precious, too! Love those cartwheeling chickies! They always make me smile!

Lisa Petrella said...

Linda, this is SOOOOO PRETTY!!! I LOVE the color combo and your layout!!!! Hope everything works out with your pup----he's SO CUTE!!!

Nicki S said...

I just LOVE the colors you used on this really cute card, Linda!! It's looks great! Very pretty!

Heidi said...

I cannot believe that nike+ is still working!!! I can see why he would want it, though -- not terribly big and brightly colored. I hope it turned out okay. Very cute card -- love the yellow, and it will be a perfect mother's day card!

Greta said...

Your card is darling--love it! Hope all ends well with your puppy dog--never a dull moment, but what would we do without them?!