Friday, April 27, 2012

Gift for Kathie

Hi Bloggers,

Today's post is to show you one more gift I made for my sister Kathie.  As I said earlier this week, at Christmas, she asked me to make a wall hanging with the quote 'do or do not, there is no try.'  The quote is from Yoda.  So this morning I whipped up this 4X6 creation that I will put in a picture frame for her.





I used Karen Giron's sweet sunday sketch.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this sketch. 
http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2012/04/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-157.html

I also used the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge to die cut with glitter.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/04/make-it-monday-63.html

Lastly I made my own background paper to meet Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge this week.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/04/bloggers-challenge-create-your-own.html

Now I'm off to my sister's in Pennsylvania to enjoy a nice visit with my female relatives for Girls Weekend 2012.  Stop back this weekend for more crafty goodness and some photo's of Philadelphia.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

10 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Great card. Love the sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Great sketch and beautiful card cute sentient.

carolanne said...

Love this! So pretty and love the quote:-)

Lori said...

Great color combination!

My name is Erika. said...

Love your color choices. And the saying is fantastic.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful glitter strips, such a pretty card. Love the quote.

Karen said...

Do. Good is.

Love the fabulous background!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

You did a beautiful job with Karen's sketch, Linda! Love the background paper that you created! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Hope you had a great weekend in PA. Love the card, those subtle colors are beautiful.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love your choice of colors - fab use of the sketch!