Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Graduation Invitations Take Two

Hi Bloggers,

A few weeks ago I posted a fun orange graduation invitation card.  I liked the card and all, but I have been playing with the design and decided to get a little more personal with it.   I wanted to incorporate a photo of Eric on the card, but liked the clean and simple design I had going.







So for my second attempt at a graduation invitation I came up with this one.  Don't you love how masculine it is?  The Tim Holz embossing folder gives a deep image in the green and I sponged some Tim Holz distressing ink on the edges. Then I added some rough twine to it and voila - a nice personal, masculine card.  These colors are fun - navy, green, white and burlap.  It perfectly picks up Eric's hair color, shirt and background in the photo.  The only weird thing is the whole in the top of his head.  I guess it can't be avoided and hopefully it's not too weird.

So now I will be busy this week making 10 of these.  We are actually having two graduation parties.  Eric wanted to have a party with some of his friends, so here is the schedule.  Graduation is actually Friday June 8th.  The friend party is Sunday June 10th.  This party is at his friend Axle's house.  They have an awesome house with a big deck and yard and his mom loves to entertain.  For that party all the seniors, all the high school teachers and all his local church friends will be invited.  We have a big to do list going since it is a 5 family party.  We each have things to bring, buy and bake and in May we'll do a group BJ run for chips, paper goods and soda.  Since it's a 5 family party we should have a pretty good turn out and it should be a lot of fun for the kids. 

Since the friend party is Sunday we knew that wouldn't work for our out of town relatives so we will have the family party on Saturday June 16th.  That is what I'll send these invitations for.  The friend party will have flyer style invitations and facebook invites.  The family will get these personal photo cards.  I think I can whip up 10 of these by Sunday and then get them out in person and in the mail by the end of the month.  Next up is figuring out a menu for the family party.  On one hand I love having food all ready to go (think lasagne) but on a hot sunny day, a bar-b-q is nice.  I'll have to ask my hubby if he wants to man the grill.  It's also hard to predict the weather.  June in New England is often rainy (most days 60% chance) and grilling in the rain is no fun at all.  I'll figure it out in time....

I can't believe that graduation is only 2 months away.  This past year really flew by.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Make it a great day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great invitation, and the photo of your handsome son is a nice keepsake for your family.

And a five-family party - sounds like a fabulous plan! Good luck with it all!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

What a great invitation! Your son is very handsome...and congratulations on his graduation! :-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great invitation, Linda! Terrific photograph of Eric! I can't believe that graduation is that close! :D

Marybeth said...

So neat that you made these for your sons graduation, Great job. Good looking son you must be so proud. TFS