Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter, MIM and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Hi blogger,

Happy Easter!  I hope you had a wonderful day.  Our easter was nice and quiet.   We don't have any family that lives near us and we are pretty active in our christian faith so for our family, it is really important to attend our church and remember the religious event of the day and not so important to have a big family affair.   Because Bob serves at the welcome desk at church, we don't like to travel on this day since our church often gets visitors and that's his specialty.  How about you?  Did you have an Easter egg hunt?  Did you put on a pretty spring dress?  Did you have a special meal?   Did you travel far to be with family.  I hope however you celebrated the holiday it was a special day for you. 

If you are curious about what the Easter holiday is really all about, I'd love to recommend a book for you.  Before I started attending bible studies I found the whole idea of Jesus's death and resurrection to be odd, not at all believable and frankly kind of morbid.   Interested in understanding more about this event?  The book I recommend is called 'The Grace of God' by Andy Stanley.  It is one of the best books I've read in non-church language to explain Christianity.  I gave this book to Sarah's boyfriend Ivan and both of them are reading it and discussing it.  I read the whole thing before giving it to him.  Check it out.

Today's card is for two different challenges.  First, it is for the PTI make it monday challenge where the technique challenge is called generational stamping.  This is a really east technique that allows for a lot of versatility.  You ink up your stamp, press it onto your cardstock and then instead of cleaning it off, you press it a second and third time on your cardstock to get a lighter color effect each time.

I don't have many PTI stamps that work well for this technique but I do have these nice butterflies and the smaller butterflies inked up nicely in the lighter shades don't you think?





I love Karen Giron's sketch challenge this week so I used the sketch for my PTI creation. 
 You can see more about Karen's sketch challenge below:

http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2012/04/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-156.html


You can also see the video and the other bloggers generational stamp technique submissions if you click the link below:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/04/make-it-monday-60-generational-stamping.html

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great sketch: I love the pennant strips with the butterflies. I think the Mat Stack 3 set looks great as a focal point on them, too, and of course, I LOVE the butterflies!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!!
My Easter is centered around the Lord, too. Sunrise service and breakfast at church then regular services praising the Lord for His death, burial, and resurrection to bring us the gift of salvation!