Thursday, April 12, 2012

Let your heart sing

Good morning bloggers,

Well, it's been an interesting week at the Monroe house.  First, on Monday I had a fender bender.  I rear-ended a woman just a few feet away from my office.  Ugh.  Not a great way to start a Monday.  She was pleasant and no-one was hurt, but I was all wigged out all day long.  And then Tuesday night we got the estimate from her.  $875.00 to repair the smallest scratch to her bumper.  Sigh.  We will still do this without insurance because in MA, if you file an insurance claim over $500.00, and you are at fault, they add 3 points to your license which equals a 15% increase in your insurance premiums for 3 years.  So it's totally not worth it to file the claim.  I guess the thing is that many newer cars have pearlized paint on them.  So the bumper replacement isn't expensive but they have to paint the whole thing with this pearlized paint and that is where the bulk of the cost is going.  I have no idea what happened that morning.  I drive at that intersection every single day - for over 5 years.  It's a right turn lane and you merge into the traffic off Rte 1 onto University drive.  I was paying attention.  There was no weather issues: No snow, rain or sun in anyone's eyes.  All I know is I was moving slowly making the turn behind her and then I hit her.  All I can think of is that she stopped short and I didn't have enough space between her car and mine.  Ah well, that is why they call it an accident.  I haven't had an accident since I was 17 years old.  I guess I should be really thankful because it wasn't fun and it wasn't cheap.

So, then, as if that isn't enough, yesterday, my dog Tank ate my Nike plus ipod gadget.





See the little oval red and white thing?  Well I have this gadget tucked in a baggie inside my running shoes.  When I go for my run I turn my iphone on and it tracks my mileage and speed.  Well, I had my running shoes out on the kitchen floor when I left yesterday to go to the store.  I came home and my shoe is moved, the baggie is out and ripped up and there is no sign of the gadget.  Sigh.  Sigh again.  To be sure he actually ate it, and didn't just move it under a chair or something, I got out my iphone, put him on a leash and started a 'run.'  Sure enough, it was tracking him.  Amazing that this gadget still works inside the digestive system of a very stupid dog.  I mean really, how does this thing still work inside him?  I wonder if they do product testing to verify these conditions????  Well, anyway, now it's wait and see.  I really hope it passes on it's own.  I really don't want to be doing surgery to remove this thing.  Did you ever read the book 'Tales of a 4th grade nothing?'  It's a great classic children's book and one of the chapters in the book describes how the baby brother of the protagonist ate a turtle.  I feel like that family waiting to see if the giant, in-edible object somehow manages to pass through.

My friend Melissa is a trained vet nurse so I called her for advice.  My vet wanted me to come in for $180.00 worth of X-rays just to see if it was in his stomach or intestines.  My friend said to instead give him some oil and gravy in his dry food and wait and see.  So, I sent an e-mail to my boss telling him I'll be working from home this morning as I watch him and see if he either poops out a little red and white gadget or starts to show signs of being really sick.  Sigh.

So, that's been my week!  Let's just hope nothing else happens!

But I did get into my craft room last night and had fun playing with my papertrey ink Bitty Bird Addition set.




The original bitty bird images are the fat birds stamped in brown.  The additions include those adorable polka dot wings, the fence, the music notes and the sentiment.  This is adorable and I can't wait to play with it some more.  I also forgot how much I love marina mist blue mixed with chocolate chip brown and white.  It's a fun and classic color combination.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So sorry you have had such a rough week!! I did have to laugh at the gadget working inside the dog!!!
Your card is beautiful!! Love that color combo!!

Karen said...

Well, the good news is that your card is adorable! I do love those colors together, too, and I especially love the way the stamped images look on the tag. So sweet.

Poor you. Poor Tank. Poor You! And as if your week hasn't been tough enough, now you need to investigate your dog's poop? Poor YOU! (Makes my overflowed toilet seem like a gift!)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OH NOOOOOO! Sounds like you're ready for a weekend! Sorry your week was rough. Hang in there! Your card is super cute. Love how you stamped and then cut into a shape...brilliant! XO