Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday card for Helen - for Sweet Sunday Sketch Challange #158

Hi friends,

Today's crafty sweetness is a darling card for my niece Helen.  She turns 17 this month.  Yikes.  Where did the time go.  It seems like just yesterday that she was a babe in arms.


Helen lives in NY - near Saratoga Springs.  They have a beautiful home on about 10 acres of land with dogs and horses.  She loves to read and was very active in 4H over the years so I knew I wanted a natural, earthy kind of card for her.  

I used Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch as my sketch inspiration.

I love how the soft robin's eggshell blue compliments the browns and greens in these papers. The twine and tag really set it off - don't you think?

This stamp is another from my new Darcie Sets from Darcie Heater.
I love birds and it was fun to add the blue and green accents using that sweet flower image.





Oh and before you go, let me share with you an inspirational blog entry by a young man I know, Taylor.  Taylor is the son of one of my friends.   He left MA in January and biked across country.  Then he completed an Iron Man race this past weekend.  The post below describes his iron man experience.  For any of you that need a little inspiration to overcome challenges - this young man's post should do it.  I can't imagine swimming, biking and running that distance.  Check it out and leave him some loving...

http://trailingthesun.com/2012/05/08/anythings-possible/


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a fabulous day.

4 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Happy Birthday to your niece! Your card is fantastic! I really love this bird image, the pretty color combo and sweet little flower tag!

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday to Helen. Lovely card Linda.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is so pretty! I'm sure your niece will love it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful birthday card, Linda! Love the patterns and colors! You did a fantastic job with Karen's sketch! :D