Sunday, May 20, 2012

Denami Blog Hop - Pastels

Hi Friends,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Today I am participating in DeNami's Blog Hop.  You probably arrived from Pattie's blog.

http://pattie-g.blogspot.com/



DeNami makes some really fun, whimsical and elegant stamps that are super easy to work with and make darling cards with.



I couldn't decide which stamp set to use and which design to go with, so I made two cards for this challenge.  The first one is my favorite.  I love how delicate this sentiment and image is and I think this layout and color scheme really do it justice.  For the second card I used my circle stamp to make my own large polka dot papers.  The white die cut tag has both big dots and little sand.   This little turtle is adorable don't you think? 

Which is your favorite?  Leave me a comment (any comment at all) and you will be entered in Denami's drawing for a gift certificate.  Your next stop on the blog hop is Mirta.

www.caradeluna.com

Good luck in the drawing.  I would be so happy if a commenter from my blog was a winner.

As you are reading this, I am enroute to Asia for my business trip. Stop back along my blog in the next 10 days to see my Asia themed cards and photo's from my visits in Taipei Taiwan, Kyoto Japan and Tokyo Japan.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

35 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What adorable cards!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Both are darling! Have fun on your trip!

Dana said...

Hope you are having a great time on your trip. I love that first card too. That image is darling and you paired it with the perfect sentiment.
But your clever use of the sand and polka dot on the second card is awesome!

didi0518 said...

I'm in love with the turtle!!

Pam Wendt said...

They're both adorable -
I cannot decide either!
Bon Voyage! :o)

Carol Hartery said...

My favorite is the first one. Hope you have a great trip. Can't wait to see your cards.

Greta said...

Both cards are great!

CraftySarcasm said...

They are both fabulous cards. I love how you created your own background for that second one. Great job.

Stacy said...

I like both cards! The turtle is adorable and I love the your polka dot papers! That is one of my favorite things to do is make my own backgrounds. Great work!

Barb said...

both cards are so sweet! i love the angled background mats and that turtle image is always a fave...he's too cute! have a safe trip!

Karen Diebolt said...

What a sweet card, I love the pearls!

Sharon Roselli said...

I love both cards. but the first one is my fav. the turtle one is sweet too. He looks so friendly. but the softness ans saying on the first card is a must have.

Sarah said...

Both cards are wonderful. Safe travels to you.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I think I like the second one best. Love all those big polka dots!

The Wolverina /// said...

The little turtle is one of my fave's! Very cute!

Lisa said...

Love them both Linda! A girl can never go wrong with 2 cards using polkas dots ;)

Cardcrafter said...

I like them both, too. That turtle is super cute!

rhogan18 said...

I like both. You did a great job on them.

Mirta Sanchez said...

I DO love the little turtle-he can bring me presents any time!
Good luck in Asia-stay safe!

Sharon Jones said...

Wow, what beautiful cards! I can't wait until you return and show me the Asian inspirations...I love anything Asian!

Linda said...

Your cards are so cute, but I really like your first one too! That rose is a great addition and the colors work together perfect!

Suzanne Bier said...

Both are so cute! I think you had a fantastic idea to make your own polka dot papers! TFS! :)

andrea said...

Dots, dots, dots, I love them! And the color combo of green and blue and green and yellow are both great choices. The touch of pink is nice too. Great cards!

Carol said...

Such adorable cards, I love the turtle!

Auntie Em said...

Both cards are so gentle and pretty! I love all those polka dots. :)

Anonymous said...

I liked the turtle card best. Never thought to use a tag on the front of a card. It makews it pop. Thanks Julianne

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Love the use of the tags in your cards. What a great idea!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Both of these cards are great, Linda. I am partial to that first one- the colors and the addition of that flower is so great.

I hope you have a great trip!

Tina M said...

I love both cards! Using the tags was so creative...I just love them :)

Karen said...

Both cards are super cute, great job!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Both cards are wonderful, but I do love the cute little turtle.

Emily Keaton said...

These pastel creations are so lovely, Linda! I can't pick a favorite--they are both equally fabulous!! Great Denami stamp choices and super pastel picks, too!

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of these cards are FABULOUS, Linda, but that turtle is JUST TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!! LOVIN' all of those polka dots too!!! WOW, Asia!!! Have a SAFE and FUN trip!!! Can't wait to read about your adventures!!!

Brenda Funaro said...

Very cute cards.

Amy Smidebush said...

The first card is very pretty, but that turtle card is ADORABLE!!!!!