Saturday, May 26, 2012

Greetings from Kyoto

Hello friends,

So my Asian themed card today uses this adorable Poppy Stamp image on some green and blue papers.  I just adore this Kimono clad Japanese girl.  She is the cutest thing.

So today is the first day of my Kyoto sightseeing day. 

I took the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto.  I was almost as excited for the bullet train ride as my destination.  It is 288 miles between the two cities and the bullet train gets you there in 2 1/2 hours.  Very cool.

 My boss asked me why I decided to go to Kyoto on our weekend.  He didn't go to Kyoto with me, he was going to find a small village with no tourists or Americans to be found.  I said 'good luck with that' and hope to see him on Monday morning for our meeting!!!  My answer was simple - I don't really know why I want to go there but I've always wanted to go there.  Have you ever just gotten something in your mind that you want to do and you really don't know when the first desire to go there started?  That is me and Kyoto.  I must have seen a movie, read a travel article or had someone tell me about Kyoto long ago that stayed with me.    But regardless, here I am visiting.    I call these days 'Ferris Bueller Days.'  When Ferris called in sick to school, he took one day and evening and tried to see and do everything in the city in one day.  So when I find myself traveling with only 1 day, I pack it all in, as best I can.

I am hoping to see some beautiful temples and traditional Japanese architecture.  I also hope to see Geisha's and  unique Japanese gardens.  Of course I intend to find some sushi and tempura along with some Japanese tea.  I also intend to bike around the area and enjoy the views and culture.  Oh and I plan to do some shopping too.  I want to get incense, card making paper, washi tape, an antique book written in Japanese (for my card making) and some souvenirs.

Well, enough talking on my blog.... off to explore.  Don't worry though.  I have my i-phone with me so when I get back to my Tokyo hotel with high speed internet I'll give you a phone dump of the places I went and the things I saw.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Hope that you are having fun, Linda! Your travels always amaze me! Terrific card! Adorable stamp! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

How cool is this card- and I love all of your photo's! You are really on quite the adventure! Enjoy your visit to this cool city!