Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Make it Monday Color challenge

Hello friends,

Thanks for visiting my blog today.   Today's post is a card I made of this week's Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge.




Nichole has a long video this week on how to make a color inspiration card.  Click the link below to see her post on this.

Make it Monday

She posted several different color combinations.  The hardest part was choosing a color scheme. I don't have all the papertrey colors so I narrowed down the selection to the inspiration photo's where I had the colors on hand.

These colors had a desert feel to them so I chose the sunflower stamp and die set combined with my Botanical Silhouettes sentiment.  I loved the sketch from last weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch by Karen Giron so I re-used that for my card.
 
I have a friend who I haven't seen in a while and I want to send her a card to let her know I miss her.  This will go in the mail today for her.  I hope it brightens her day.  I've heard she is under a lot of stress lately.

So, what are you doing today?  Since it is Wednesday, it is my day off.  Yeah!  My friend Kimberly is coming over later this afternoon, but before she gets here I have laundry, grocery shopping, Yogalates class, jogging and a dentist appointment.  I am planning on discussing a new night guard with my dentist.  I grind my teeth something awful in the night.  I used to have a nice hard plastic night guard that I used for years.  Then it broke.  For the last 2-3 years I've been using the soft plastic ones you get at CVS, but I realize that the old molded one from the dentist is more comfortable.

I'll ask them to give me a quote and I'm sure it will be outrageously expensive, but I may do it anyway.  Getting a good night sleep is important to me and if I don't wear a guard, I will have no teeth left in 5 years and each morning I wake up with a jaw ache.

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a great day.

5 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I know just what you mean about those uncomfortable CVS biteguards! Your card today is so pretty, those colors do remind me of a Southwest feel. I love the sunflower image you used and that is a great sketch design. Very pretty card today.

Kristen :-) said...

so pretty! you really are making me wish I was in Arizona today! :-) I really love the sunflower whenever i see it in orange or fall colors :-)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Such a pretty color combo and quite a challenge this week! Good luck at the dentists. Sounds awful to wake up with jaw ache- rotten way to start the day!

Suzanne Russell said...

This was my choice for the challenge also, Linda. I love your take on it-the sunflowers are beautifully done and I like the little note on the front. Funny that I was also missing a friend I haven't seen for a while who inspired my card, too!

Karen said...

WAIT A MINUTE - ARE YOU SURE THE dog ATE YOUR PANTS???

(I'm sorry - I'll try to stop now... ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho oh no!)