Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mermaid Card and an update on my new year's resolutions...

Hi friends,

Well, it's mid-may.  January feels like forever ago, don't you think?  But I thought today would be a good day to look back at my new year's resolutions and see how I'm doing.  And happily, I can say I'm doing pretty well on both my initiatives.

My first initiative was to lose weight and get in shape.  I am not where I should be yet, but I'm heading in the right direction - so Yeah Me and yes I feel SOOOO much better.   It has been worth the sacrifice and effort and I'm determined to keep going till I get to my 'not quite optimal - but good for me' fitness level and weight.   My second initiative was to explore and try some new stamp products.  That one was MUCH easier to do.  And yes, I'm doing pretty well with that one too.  Today's card includes a stamp set I got from  'Your Next Stamp.'  This is a company I've seen around on blogs but have never owned a set.  They are fun and different.  I've also started playing with Washi Tape and have new stamps from Taylored Expression, Waltzingmouse, Darcie, and There she goes.  I have cut way back on the stuff I get from Stampin Up and My Favorite Things.  I still like their products but to branch out, I have to cut back on one brand to try some others.





Isn't the little mermaid above adorable.  There are so many ways to ink her up.  I will enjoy playing with her with some summer themes this year I know.

Do you have a fun, lesser known stamp company you like?  If so, tell me about it.  I'd love to try them out.   Oh, and I know I told you I'd have prom pictures today, but I'm waiting to get an e-mail from Jessa's mother with the photo's she got and I'll have a nice spread.  Below is a teaser of just one...  More to come.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a sweet card, Linda! Love the layout and the waves are a nice accent! Can't wait to see the rest of the prom pictures! :D

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

That mermaid is absolutely adorable! Great card! I love the prom pix too! How much fun is that? Have a great day Linda! XO