Friday, May 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop & Last Taipei phone dump

Hi friends,

Well, today is Friday May 25th and if all is going according to plan I am wrapping up my work in Taipei Taiwan and heading to Tokyo Japan by the evening.

But even being 6,750 miles from home won't stop me from playing in Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop.


Of course I made this card before I left and pre-posted this blog entry so it would be here ready to go in time for the hop!

This months challenge was a photo/color inspiration.  I love these colors together and I'm not too shy or proud to let you all know that I discovered this color combination - all - on - my - own - a few weeks ago when Lisa Somerville challenged us to use black and white and a splash of color. Yup, my splash of color for that challenge was lime green.  And yes, it's super hot now and very, very cool.  If Tangerine Tango wasn't the Pantone color of the year, I'd be doing everything in lime green.

Okay, okay - enough yabbering away....  On to my masterpiece.....  I was quite proud of myself for this card.  I love the colors and had fun playing with several different papertrey products to get this creation.  Voila....  Isn't she a beauty?  Well, I think so, I hope you like it too.
I even got my sewing machine to work for this one.  She has been acting up so I was so very happy that the machine held up for this one.

And before I finish, let me share my i-phone dump from my last day in Taiepei Taiwan with you.

 First, my one purchase from the night market.  My 18 year old son Eric asked me to bring him back something with a dragon on it.  How cool are these boxer shorts.  I hope he likes them.
 Next, the ladies in the office have a yoga class in the conference room every Thursday.  They invited me to  join them.  It was great.  The instructor didn't speak any english, but I followed along pretty well.  I recognized a few moves - cow face - warrier 1 - downward dog, but there were quite a few things I'd never done before.  I hope I'm not sore tomorrow.  Oh and one other interesting thing about doing business with Chinese people.  They all take 'American' or Western names.  It makes things so much easier because when I talk to them I can pronounce their names.  The funny thing is the names they choose.  I work with Karen, Hazel, Daphne, Josephine, Meghan, Sammi.......  The good thing is you don't have 3 Sarah's all in the same department.
Okay, so I've told you I'm staying at the very posh 'W' hotel in Taipei center.  They have this cool decorating thing where there are these red ceramic animals.  Here are some in the gym... There is a rhino in my room.  Cute and very stylish...

Last night while we were walking to dinner I captured this photo of the 'Man Purse.'  Many of the Taiwan guys have these feminine bags that they wear as a purse. 

So this morning, our last work day, we are starting a little later.  So I took some time to enjoy the locker room facilities at the W.  The W has a spa so these facilities are part of the spa.  Very nice.
This is the area where the hot tub, showers, sauna and steam room are.  The ceiling erupts in cool mist every few minutes.


 The hot tubs had a nice view of the city.  There are three pools - warm, hot and cold.  I spent all my time in the hot one.   Ahhhhhh...
 I discovered 'the chair' on my 2nd night here.  This is a massage chair.  It massages the back, the legs and the feet.  I liked it, but I was nervous at first.  The remote control was all in chinese and I had no clue what button to push.  I pushed the middle one and enjoyed a very nice massage.


 And while sitting in the massage chair I picked up a fashion magazine.  Sadly, in Asia it is all about having light skin and 'western' looks.  Look at this Asian girl in the picture.  She looks very western.  Sadly all over the world we encourage our women to look unlike the normal population.  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Come back later this weekend to see my photo's and post about my weekend in Kyoto Japan and a few more Asian themed cards.  Have a GREAT memorial day weekend (for those in US) and a great spring/summer weekend for all the rest.

18 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

1. great card! and I love the combo too!
2. if he doesn't LOVE those boxers, there are a few million who will!
3. yoga at work- how wonderful
4. it really is sooooo sad that 'beauty' has been homogenized!

Leigh said...

Very pretty card! I love the stitching-- it's the perfect finishing touch!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty! The stitching is perfect. Love it.

Rhonda said...

The stitching is the perfect finishing detail. Safe travels.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card and sound like a wonderful trip! Love the stitching.

Lisa said...

Linda this is lovely! Your diamonds, the stitching & that sweet gingham ribbon~pretty!

I think he'll LOVE the fun boxers!!

victoria h said...

Gr8 card- love your pops of green. It looks like you have had fun travelling.

Quip1320 said...

Such a pretty card. Those boxers are AWESOME!

Anne said...

Great card and great that you can participate while so far from home.
Have a great and safe trip.

Tracey McNeely said...

As usual a gorgeous card Linda. I love your focal point so pretty. I showed my 17 year old son the boxers and he thought they were cool! ;)

Teri Gross said...

super card! lots of fun and good ideas for many others!

Brianna B said...

Like your card!

Cheryl said...

You have so many little but lovely touches on this card. Beautifully done!

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is lovely! And I love you blog post! I bet you son will love the boxers! And I dig those red animal statues in the hotel! I enjoyed your whole post! :)

Karen C. said...

Glad you were able to join the blog hop today. The layering of papers and stamping is very effective and the stitching add a great finishing touch. thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Very beautiful card, Linda

DIANA L. said...

This came out just beautiful

maryrose said...

Great card, Linda! Enjoy your trip! ( By the way, you're right about the Asian names. My son in college had a friend who's "Americanized" name is Poppy!