Sunday, June 10, 2012

DeNami Blog Hop 'For the Guys'

Good morning friends,

Today's post is for DeNami's monthly blog hop.  

You probably arrived from Tina Milbourn's blog:


Welcome!

This month our challenge was 'for the boys.'  I needed a few boy graduation cards so I inked up this adorable graduation chicky and set to work. 

My first attempt is darling, but is much better suited for a Kindergarden or pre-school graduation.    I added it to the card stash but (sigh) I had to go back to the drawing board for my high school graduation project.

So I inked up my chicky again and came up with this fun card for Matt. He is a musician so I had fun adding the music notes to the chicky circle cut out and the die cut numbers. 

 Last up is a fun sunshine card suitable for Acskel, a fun loving outdoorsman.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.  If you leave a comment before Monday evening, you will be eligible to win a DeNami gift certificate, as part of their blog hop.

Your next stop on the blog is Andrea Matthews Blog.  click the link below to go to her lovely creation.



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

25 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

These are all so darling. And yes, I agree, the first one would be better suited to a "younger" graduate! I do love what you did with the second one - very classic!

Wendy said...

Great group of guy graduations cards! That little chickie is adorable.

Jessica said...

These are all just great! Love the little chick, the numbers card is my favorite, great colors!! :)

Lisa said...

These are all so CUTE Linda! My favorite is the first, love the polka dots. I remember my son's preschool graduation like it was yesterday ;)

Cardcrafter said...

Very CAS! I do really like the first card. I wish I had a young one to give it to! Congratulations on the graduation ceremony--I know it was a special time in your life for you and your family!

Jennifer said...

I love all these cards (three!!! oh my goodness!!), but that second one is pure perfection! So great! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What awesome cards!!!

Barb said...

these are so sweet! great designs, colors and sentiments :)

Glenda J said...

Wonderful group of cards! Great colours.

Stacy said...

This is obviously not a theme you struggle with ~ great work and beautiful cards!

Pam Wendt said...

What darling cards!
All three are adorable, but my favorite is the second. Love the CAS design, and that little chickie is so cute!

Susan Martin said...

These cards are all so great! Love that adorable little chick!

Emily Keaton said...

Gosh, all of these masculine grad cards are fantastic! I love how you've used all of these great DeNami stamps for your projects for today's hop!

Heidi H said...

They are all fantastic!! Love that graduation chickie!

Greta said...

3 great cards! You nailed the guy card thing!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! Love that chick and the sun on the last card.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Great set of manly cards! Love the CAS design! ;o)

Kathy W said...

All very cute cards.

febe said...

Lovely set of cards in soft colors and sweet layout :)

http://creatingingodsimage.blogspot.com/2012/06/denami-blog-hop-for-guys.html

The Wolverina /// said...

Simply awesome!

KathyW said...

Wow! Three great cards! I love the way you incorporated the musical notes in the second card. A great little surprise to personalize the card. <3

Tina M said...

Ohh gosh, all 3 are wonderful! I'm thinking I have a crush on the 2nd one though...classic, simple and perfect :)

Sue D said...

Great selection of graduation cards using this cute stamp.

Sheryl said...

Great job coming up with three wonderful different graduation cards!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful cards, Linda! Love the one with the die cut numbers! :D