Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Graduation Thank You Cards

Hello Friends,

So we are now totally done with graduation.  We had the ceremony.  We had the friend party.  We had the family party.  And we went to the Youth Group party.  What a lot of potato salad!  Not that there can be too much potato salad, unless you are watching your weight, not much low cal or low carb about that stuff, but YUM, I do love the stuff.  And cake.  Lot's of cake.  Also not very weight watcher friendly, but also YUM.  Unlike most people I adore the frosting.  Even the super sweet, super greasy frosting.  And ice cream cake - well that is my favorite.  I love those little chocolate crunchies in between the chocolate and vanilla layers.

So are you hungry now?  Sorry, let's get to the craftiness.






Eric got some really nice envelopes.  Some had cash, some had checks, some had gift cards but all had really heart-felt encouraging wishes for him.  So I need to get busy with a whole bunch of thank you cards so we can properly thank all those generous well wishers.  If you know me, you know I {hate} making the same card over and over again, so the above card is just my template and I'll tweak the design for each card so that no two are exactly a like.  I will plan to stick with the long card design, the DeNami graduation chickie and the navy, gold and white color scheme.

The party Saturday was awesome.  We had a nice mix of family from out of town and it was great to see everyone.  We had lots of food (and potato salad.)  The weather was great and everyone got along.

Of course I have a few photos to share with you.

Here is my neice Hannah and my cousin Nor's daughter Cole making silly faces on the Yogibo.

 I made strawberry shortcake from the farm stands strawberries.  Silly me, I said let's get two more quarts so we have left-overs.  Guess what.  We ate every last one.  Yum.

My mom is from Maine so she brought us some lobster meat that we made into lobster rolls sandwiches.  Here is our lobster guy with a graduation cap on.

 Of course we decorated.  Here is a little tribute to Eric's sports.

And the photo board...

And did you know that in addition to getting words on M&M's you can get faces?  We all had fun munching on Eric's picture!!

As with all parties, many party guest hang out in the kitchen.  It was fun to see everyone catching up.  Many had not seen in each in quite some time.




A fun time was had by all.  I made a slide show (to music) that I'm going to try to add to my blog one of these days. It was so much fun to go through all the shoeboxes of photos of  Eric growing up. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.


5 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

AWESOME! Okay, I'm totally cracking up over the grad lobster! Too silly! Looks like a great time was had by all. Great thank you cards - I love those Denami Chicks! Happy Summer! XOXO

Debbie said...

This is a great grad thank you!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great thank you card, Linda! Looks like a great party! I am loving the lobster and the M&M's! :D

wrapknot said...

sounds like you were a busy family. the photos are great, fun to see all the familiar faces together. i was glad that nor was able to make the trip.

Hank hendricks said...

Like the card...you don't think of using Gift Card envelopes for it.