Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Make It Monday and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Hi friends,

Last week my son Eric was at Clemson's orientation.  His girlfriend Jessa is also going to Clemson so they coordinated it so Eric and Jessa would go to orientation together.  Jessa's Dad Chris went also.  In typical summer fashion, Boston had thunderstorms Friday night so their flight from Charlotte NC was delayed.  a lot.  Poor Chris.  They didn't even take off until midnight.  They were scheduled to land at 8;25.  Jessa's mom Cindi drove out in the middle of the night to pick them up and they arrived at their house at 3:00am.  Yuck.  Bob was originally waiting in Boston to pick them up, but when the plane was delayed, he came home.  Chris and Cindi insisted on picking up at night so we are very thankful. So how do you sufficiently thank someone for such above and beyond stuff?  Well, I make a card.  And I make a special card.  And I hope they let us return the favor sometime.

I wanted a summer theme that used PTI's make it monday challenge of creating your own embellishments.  I also wanted to use Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/06/make-it-monday-72-xxx.html





http://kgiron.blogspot.com/search/label/sweet%20sunday%20sketch%20challenge

So here is my creation.  I decorated the outside and the inside AND I intend to decorate the envelope too.  I have been challenged on a number of occasions to never send a naked envelope.


This card has so much texture.  I loved making the rolled flowers, the patterned paper and the Chevron die cuts.  I used almost all Papertrey supplies on this one.  The berry sorbet paper was embossed with a grid pattern embossing plate and the felts are PTI, chartreuse and melon.  The only non-PTI product is the banner and leaves.  They are from 'Cat's Pajama's' but PTI makes some just like it.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

8 comments:

Luanne said...

Love those sweet melons!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Beautifully done Linda! Love the slices of mellon and the chevrons work so well to balance the design!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card...love your color choices.

Karen said...

Luscious! The melons are adorable and I love the rolled flowers. Fabulous colors!

Marcie Rhys said...

At first glance I think this card should be too frantic looking with all those patterns, and then immediately, I think, 'Look how perfectly all those patterns work together'. Congratulations on making an adorable card that works perfectly! Quite a feat composition. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne Russell said...

Such a delightfully luscious card! Sounds like a terrible experience-maybe an omen of a great year ahead for both of them at Clemson!

craftmates said...

LOvely card! I love the rolled flowers, nice touch! - irma

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I thought that I commented on this beauty, but it seems to have disappeared! I love the rolled flowers and the different shades of green for the zig zag pieces are wonderful! :D