Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Make it Monday Sympathy Card

Hi friends,
I tried this week's make it monday challenge with Papertrey.  I don't think I'm a fan, but I still play along in the challenges to try new things.

The challenge was to add a 'puffy fabric' to the project by using a nesting die cut, fun foam and fabric.  First I have very few nesting die's.  Second I have no fun foam.  Third, I have very little fabric.

But, I still managed to create this card for the challenge.

Here is a front view.  It's not obvious in this view that that center piece is fabric and 'puffed' out.


 Here it is more obvious the dimension and texture this card hast.
It's a fun technique and lots of people are using fabric.  I'm glad I tried it.  You can learn this technique on Nichole's blog below:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/06/make-it-monday-70-puffed-fabric-accents.html

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

3 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is very elegant! Love the stamping on the diecut panel! So pretty!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I love the way you used this technique! While none of us want to use sympathy cards, I think this is perfect. It looks almost like a cameo set into the card and the colors are lovely!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so lovely and elegant, Linda! :D